NHL News and Notes from Sunday, October 31st, 2021
- In Anaheim, Ryan Getzlaf would record an assist to pass Teemu Selanne for most points by a Ducks player in franchise history.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Carolina Hurricanes – 1p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would host the lowly Arizona Coyotes, and in the first period Christian Fischer would strike first for the Coyotes to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Martin Necas would score to tie the game for the Canes, and then in the third period Brett Pesce would score his first of the season to give the Hurricanes the 2-1 victory over the Coyotes.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Anaheim Ducks – 4p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would take on the struggling Montreal Canadiens, and in the first period Mike Hoffman would score on the powerplay for the Habs, but powerplay goals from Adam Henrique and Vinni Lettieri would give the Ducks the 2-1 lead. In the second period Jake Evans would score to tie the game at two for the Habs. Then in the third period Troy Terry and Sam Carrick would score to give the Ducks the 4-2 victory.
- DucksNPucks Recap – Getzlaf Sets Team Record in Win
- Buffalo Sabres v. Los Angeles Kings – 4p ET
- In Los Angeles the Kings would take on the Buffalo Sabres, and after a scoreless first period Rasmus Asplund and Victor Olofsson would score for the Sabres to take the 2-0 lead, but Carl Grundstrom would score to get the Kings on the board. Then in the third period Anze Kopitar and Alex Iafallo would score to give the Kings the 3-2 victory.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. New Jersey Devils – 5p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would host the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Andreas Johnsson would score for the Devils to get on the board first, but goals from Oliver Bjorkstrand and Patrik Laine would give the Jackets the 2-1 lead. In the second period Dawson Mercer and Dougie Hamilton would score to give the Devils the 3-2 lead, but in the third period Boone Jenner would strike to tie the game at one. Then after a scoreless five minutes of extra hockey, it would be Jakub Voracek with the shootout winner to give the Blue Jackets the 4-3 victory over the Devils.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Fall in Shootout
- New York Rangers v. Seattle Kraken – 9p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken host the New York Rangers, and in the first period Chris Kreider would strike to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jordan Eberle would strike to tie the game at one for the Kraken. Theni n the third period Adam Fox would net his second of the season and Barclay Goodrow would get the empty netter to give the Rangers the 3-1 victory over the Kraken.
- WAS v. TB – 7p ET – Kassie’s Game Preview
- OTT v. CHI – 8p ET
- SEA v. EDM – 930p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- The fans have been critical of Evgeny Kuznetsov the last three seasons, and he’s aware of it. Samantha Pell writes about how he’s been working to change his play. (Washington Post)
- Scott Recaps the past week for the Seattle Kraken. (TXHT)
- Aryan recaps the past week for the St. Louis Blues. (TXHT)
- Dickson recaps the past week for the Montreal Canadiens. (TXHT)
- Russell recaps the past week for the New York Rangers. (TXHT)