NHL News and Notes from Monday, May 23rd, 2022
- The NHL Department of Player Safety announced that they have fined Tampa Bay Lightning forward Brandon Hagel.
- Hagel was fined $3,750 for boarding Florida Panthers forward Eetu Luostarinen during Game 3 on Sunday.
- The fine is the maximum allowed per the CBA.
- Florida Panthers v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET – Game 4
- In Tampa, the Panthers look to stay alive for one more night while the Lightning look to get the sweep. After a scoreless first and second period, Pat Maroon scores his second of the postseason to give Tampa Bay the 1-0 lead and then Ondrej Palat scores the empty net goal with 23 seconds left to give the Lightning the 2-0 shutout win and earn the sweep over the Panthers.
- Scott’s TXHT Game Recap – Lightning Complete Sweep of the Panthers
- Colorado Avalanche v. St. Louis Blues – 930p ET – Game 4
- In the Lou, St. Louis looks to tie the series up on home ice, while Colorado looks to head home with the 3-1 series lead. In the first, St. Louis takes the 1-0 lead when David Perron nets his eighth of the playoffs. In the second period, Erik Johnson nets his first of the playoffs, Nazem Kadri scores his third, Devon Toews scores his fourth, and Kadri scores his second of the evening to make it a 4-1 Colorado lead. Then, St. Louis gets a pair of goals when David Perron scores his second of the night and Pavel Buchnevich nets his first, both power play goals, to bring the Blues within a goal. In the third, Nazem Kadri completes the hat trick and Mikko Rantanen scores the late empty net goal as the Avalanche double up the Blues 6-3 and come within a game from the Western Conference Finals.
- Dickson’s TXHT Game Recap – Kadri’s Hatty Puts Blues on Brink of Elimination
- CAR v. NYR – 7p ET – Game 4
- CAL v. EDM – 930p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
- TXHT documentary in the works (TXHT)
- Avalanche, police investigating threats made to Nazem Kadri (SportsNet)
- Zach Hyman has checked every box for Oilers since joining last summer (The Athletic – $)
- The Lightning brought in Corey Perry to thrive in these playoff moments (The Athletic – $)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.