NHL News and Notes from Thursday, May 20th, 2021
- Florida Panthers v. Tampa Bay Lightning – Game 3 – 630p ET
- The Battle of Florida heads to Tampa Bay for game three as the Lightning host the Florida Panthers. In the first period Sam Bennett and Radko Gudas would score to give the Panthers the 2-0 lead, and in the second period Alexander Wennberg would tally for the Panthers as well. However, the Bolts would get goals from Anthony Cirelli, Ross Colton, Steven Stamkos, Brayden Point, and Alex Killorn to take a 5-3 lead. Then in the third period Patric Hornqvist would strike on the powerplay and Gustav Forsling would score for the Panthers to tie the game at five and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Ryan Lomberg would score to give the Panthers the 6-5 victory over the Lightning and force a game five.
- Aryan’s TXHT Recap – High Scoring Affair in Tampa
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. New York Islanders – Game 3 – 7p ET
- On Long Island for game three, the New York Islanders would look to take the lead in the series at home against the Pittsburgh Penguins, but in the first it would be the Pens striking first as Kris Letang would net his first of the playoffs for the 1-0 lead. In the second period Scott Mayfield would score for the Isles to tie the game at one, but goals from Jeff Carter and Jason Zucker would give the Pens the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Cal Clutterbuck and Anthony Beauvillier would score to tie the game at three for the Isles, but Carter would net his second of the game while on the powerplay to give the Penguins the 4-3 lead. However, Clutterbuck’s second of the game would tie the game at four, but Brandon Tanev’s late tally would give the Penguins the 5-4 victory and 2-1 series lead.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Carter’s Pair and Tanev’s Late Tally Give Pens Game 3
- Montreal Canadiens v. Toronto Maple Leafs – Game 1 – 730p ET
- In Toronto the final playoff series would finally start as the Maple Leafs would play host to the Montreal Canadiens. In the first period Josh Anderson would score to give the Habs the 1-0 lead, and then in the second period William Nylander would score to tie the game at one for the Leafs. Then in the third period Paul Byron would strike while shorthanded to give the Canadiens the 2-1 victory over the Maple Leafs, and take the 1-0 series lead.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Minnesota Wild – Game 3 – 930p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would play host to the Vegas Golden Knight for game three of their series. In the first period Ryan Hartman and Joel Eriksson Ek would score to give the Wild the 2-0 lead. In the second period Mark Stone would score his first of the playoffs, and goals from Patrick Brown and Reilly Smith would give the Knights the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period William Karlsson would strike, and Stone would get his second of the game to give the Golden Knights the 5-2 victory over the Wild to take the 2-1 series lead.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Golden Knights Take Series Lead With 5-2 Win
- WAS v. BOS – Game 4 – 630p ET – Game 4 Preview
- CAR v. NAS – Game 3 – 7p ET
- WIN v. EDM – Game 2 – 9p ET
- COL v. STL – Game 3 – 930p ET