NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, August 25th, 2020
- The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Toronto Maple Leafs made a deal as the Leafs sent forwards Kasperi Kapanen and Pontus Aberg along with defender Jesper Lindgren to the Penguins for forwards Evan Rodrigues and Filip Hallander, defender David Warsofsky, and the 15th overall pick in the 2020 NHL Draft.
- Columbus Blue Jackets head coach John Tortorella was fined $25,000 for his conduct during his post game media availability after Game 5 on Aug. 19th.
- The fine is collection of the conditional fine assessed on Jan. 1, 2020
- Boston Bruins v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET Start Time
- For Game 2 between Tampa Bay and Boston, the Lightning look to even the series against the Bruins. In the first period Nick Ritchie would score for the Bruins to take the early 1-0 lead, but Blake Coleman would strike for the Lightning as they would tie the game at one. Then in the second period Brad Marchand would score on the powerplay to retake the lead for the Bruins, but the Lightning would strike less than a minute later as Nikita Kucherov would score his third of the postseason. In the third period both Coleman and Marchand would net their second of the game each as this game would go to overtime tied at three. Then 4:40 into the extra frame Ondrej Palat would score to give the Lightning the 4-3 victory, and tie the series at one.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Lightning Strike to Even Series
- Vancouver Canucks v. Vegas Golden Knights – 945p ET Start Time
- Out west the Canucks look to bounce back against Vegas to tie their series, and in the first period Tyler Toffoli and Bo Horvat (PPG) would both score for Vancouver to take the 2-0 lead. Then in the second period Alex Tuch would score for the Golden Knights to cut their deficit to one. However, late in the period Elias Pettersson would tally to regain the two goal lead for the Canucks. Then in the third period Horvat would net his second of the game 18 seconds into the period to grow the Canucks lead to three, however, late in the period Max Pacioretty would score on the powerplay for the Knights, but a tally from Tanner Pearson with 30 seconds left in regulation would seal the deal for the Canucks as they would win the game 5-2 and tie the series at one.
- 3p ET – NY Islanders v. Philadelphia
- 8p ET – Tampa Bay v. Boston
- 1030p ET – Colorado v. Dallas – Preview