NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, January 11th, 2023
- Washington Capitals v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7p ET
- In Philadelphia for the first of a home and home series the Flyers would play host to the Washington Capitals, and in the first period Garnet Hathaway would score for the Caps, but goals from Scott Laugton and Travis Konecny would give the Flyers the 2-1 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Owen Tippett and Konecny would score to give the Flyers the 4-1 lead, but Marcus Johansson and TJ Oshie would score to get the Caps back within one. However, in the final seconds of regulation Konecny would complete the hat trick to give the Flyers the 5-3 victory over the Capitals.
- Nashville Predators v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 730p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would play host to the Nashville Predators, and in the first period John Tavares would score to give the Leafs the 1-0 lead. In the second period Filip Forsberg would score to tie the game at one for the Preds. Then in the third period Mitch Marner would score to give the Maple Leafs the 2-1 victory over the Predators.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would play host to the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Sam Carrick would score for the Ducks, but goals from Dylan Holloway, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Connor McDavid, and Klim Kostin would give the Oilers the 4-1 lead. In the second period Kostin would net his second of the game and Leon Draisaitl would score to give the Oilers the 6-1 lead. Then in the third period Simon Benoit would score for the Ducks, but the Oilers would hold on to defeat the Ducks 6-2.
- San Jose Sharks v. Los Angeles Kings – 10p ET
- On the other side of Hollywood the Los Angeles Kings would play host to the San Jose Sharks, and in the first period Adrian Kempe would score to give the Kings the 1-0 lead. In the second period Nick Bonino would score for the Sharks to tie the game at one, but Quinton Byfield would score to retake the lead for the Kings. Then in the third period Timo Meier and Tomas Hertl would score for the Sharks, but goals from Gabriel Vilardi and Drew Doughty would give the Kings the 4-3 victory over the Ssharkss.
- CAR v. CLB – 7p ET
- DAL v. NYR – 7p ET
- NAS v. MON – 7p ET
- SEA v. BOS – 7p ET
- TOR v. DET – 7p ET
- VAN v. TB – 7p ET
- WIN v. BUF – 7p ET
- MIN v. NYI – 730p ET
- CAL v. STL – 8p ET
- COL v. CHI – 830p ET
- OTT v. ARI – 9p ET
- FLA v. VGK – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Ryan McDonagh (SportsNet)
- 47th Anniversary: Joe Watson Recalls Red Army Game (NHL.com)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.