NHL News and Notes from Sunday, December 18th, 2022
- The NHL Department of Player Safety announced that they have fined Ottawa Senators forward Austin Watson.
- Watson was fined $4,054.05 for interference against Detroit Red Wings forward Dylan Larkin on Saturday night.
- The fine is the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- Ottawa Senators v. Minnesota Wild – 2p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would play host to the Ottawa Senators, and in the first period Kirill Kaprizov would score to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. In the second period Mats Zucarello and Jared Spurgeon would strike to grow the Wild’s lead to three. Then in the third period Mark Kastelic and Claude Giroux would score for the Sens, but Frederick Gaudreau would strike to give the Wild the 4-2 victory over the Senators.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. Carolina Hurricanes – 5p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would rock their Reverse Retro jerseys as they hosted the Pittsburgh Penguins, and after a scoreless first period Derek Stepan would open the scoring for the Canes while Rickard Rakell would score to tie the game at one for the Pens. Then in the third period Brock McGinn would score to give the Pens the 2-1 lead, but goals from Brady Skjei and Jordan Staal would give the Hurricanes the 3-2 victory over the Penguins.
- New York Rangers v. Chicago Blackhawks – 730p ET
- In an Original Six matchup the Chicago Blackhawks would rock their Reverse Retro jerseys as they hosted the New York Rangers, and in the first period Filip Chytil, Artemi Panarin, and Kaapo Kakko would score to give the Rangers the 3-0 lead. In the second period Philipp Kurashev would score for the Hawks, but goals from Jacob Trouba and Vincent Trocheck would give the Rangers the 5-1 lead. Then in the third period Vitali Kravtsov and Braden Schneider would score to give the Rangers the 7-1 victory over the Blackhawks.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Seattle Kraken – 8p ET
- In Seattle the Winnipeg Jets would come to town to take on the Kraken, and in the first period Mark Scheifele would score on the powerplay to give the Jets the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jordan Eberle would score to tie the game at one for the Kraken, but Pierre-Luc Dubois would strike on the powerplay to retake the lead for the Jets. Then in the third period Ryan Donato would score to tie the game at two for the Kraken, and then Jared McCann would score to give the Kraken the 3-2 victory over the Jets.
- Calgary Flames v. San Jose Sharks – 10p ET
- In San Jose the Sharks would play host to the Calgary Flames, and in the first period Tyler Toffoli would score to give the Flames the 1-0 lead, but Timo Meier would score to tie the game at one for the Sharks. In the second period Milan Lucic would score to give the Flames the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Tomas Hertl would score fort he Sharks, but a pair of goals from Elias Lindholm and a tally from Dillon Dube would give the Flames the 5-2 victory over the Sharks.
- DAL v. CLB – 7p ET
- DET v. WAS – 7p ET
- FLA v. BOS – 7p ET
- EDM v. NAS – 8p ET
- NYI v. COL – 9p ET
- BUF v. VGK – 10p ET
- MON v. ARI – 10p ET
- STL v. VAN – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Kane, Toews set to play 1,000th game together for Blackhawks (NHL.com)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.