Late Goal And Shootout Winner Sees Force Defeat Whale

For the first time since the beginning of the season, there is a Connecticut Whale gameday. The last time the Whale played was all the way back on November 5th against the Boston Pride, in which they lost that game 4-0. The next set of games the Whale were supposed to skate was on November 19th and 20th against the Buffalo Beauts. Unfortunately, those games were postponed due to the heavy snow that Buffalo received at the time.

The last games the Montreal Force played was against the Metropolitan Riveters on November 26th and 27th. In which they split that series, winning the first game 5-3 and coming up short in the second game, 3-2. Here is how the two teams would line up:

The Official Jersey Retailer of TXHT

In the first period, it would be the visiting Connecticut Whale who would strike first in the game. The goal coming from second year player Janka Hlinka, her first goal of the season. She skated up the right side of the ice and launched a shot from the right circle that would beat the goaltender and wind up in the back of the net. The lone assist would come from Tori Sullivan, her first point of the season.

Before the end of the first period, the Whale would then double their lead. The goal would come while the team was shorthanded. An all too familiar connection last season would get their first set of points on the year. The goal coming from last year’s rookie of the year Taylor Girard with the assist coming from last season’s MVP Kennedy Marchment. The Whale would take a 2-0 lead heading into the second period.

Early in the second period, the Force would begin their comeback attempt, by cutting the lead in half. The goal coming from Kristina Shanahan, her second goal of the season. The lone assist on the play coming from Taylor Baker.

Before the end of the second period, the Force would tie up the game. While on the power play, a thunder clap bomb from Christine Deaudelin from the blue line would see the puck evade all the bodies in front, including the goalkeeper and into the top corner of the net.

The Official Jersey Retailer of TXHT

Early in the third period, the Connecticut Whale would jump out to the lead again. The goal coming from Kennedy Marchment, her second point of the game. Girard swung around the left circle and took a low shot in front of the net. Through all the chaos, the puck found the tape of Marchment, who slid it home, through the five hole.

Before the end of the game, the Force would once again tie up the game. While the Whale were hemmed in their defensive zone, a pass from Brigitte Laganiere across the blue line would find the stick of Catherine Daoust, who one timed it past everyone and into the open net. It was her first goal of the season, and a big one to have the game tied at the end of regulation.

There was no scoring in overtime session, so the game moved to a shootout. Where the lone goal came in the third round for Montreal, scored by Ann-Sophie Bettez.

Meeri Raisanen of the Connecticut Whale faced 26 shots, making 23 saves; while Tricia Deguire of the Montreal Force faced 19 shots, making 16 saves.


Next Game:

These two teams will play again tomorrow at 12p.

 Save 10% off orders of $20 or More On Your First Purchase with Promo Code DSCBRICC10!

TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.

One thought on “Late Goal And Shootout Winner Sees Force Defeat Whale

Leave a Reply