NHL News and Notes from Friday, October 7th, 2022
- The Calgary Flames signed defenseman MacKenzie Weegar to an eight year deal.
- San Jose Sharks v. Nashville Predators – 2p ET – Global Series in Prague, Czech Republic
- In Prague to start the 2022-23 NHL season the Nashville Predators would play host to the San Jose Sharks for the first game of the Global Series. In the first period Kiefer Sherwood would open the scoring for the Preds 61 seconds into the game to take the 1-0 lead, but a little over seven minutes later Tomas Hertl would strike to tie the game at one for the Sharks. Then in the second game Eeli Tolvanen would score to retake the one goal lead for the Preds less than 90 seconds into period, and then late in the period Nino Niederreiter would strike for his first goal as a Predator to grow their lead to two. In the final thirty seconds of regulation Matt Duchene would get the empty netter to give the Predators the 4-1 victory over the Sharks.
- NAS v. SJ – 2p ET
- Global Series – Prague, Czech Republic
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Capitals’ Backstrom and Carlson families lock in on ‘big game’ between young sons (The Athletic – $)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast – Last Stop Hamilton (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through ads in this article.