NHL News and Notes from Monday, June 20th, 2022
- The Washington Capitals announced a pair of signings.
- The Caps re-signed forward Brett Leason to a two year deal worth $1.55 million.
- The Caps also re-signed forward Beck Malenstyn to a two year deal worth $1.525 million.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 8p ET – Game 3
- In Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final the Tampa Bay Lightning would play host to the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period Gabriel Landeskog would strike first for the Avs while on the powerplay for the 1-0 lead, but goals from Anthony Cirelli and Ondrej Palat would give the Bolts the 2-1 lead. In the second period Landeskog woul net his second of the game for the Avs, but goals from Nick Paul, Steven Stamkos, Pat Maroon, and Corey Perry would give the Lightning the commanding 6-2 lead. After a feisty third period the Lightning would go on to defeat the Avalanche 6-2 to get back within one in the series.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Bolts Come Alive at Home
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Kaplan leans on older brothers in quest to reach NHL (Color of Hockey)
- Backstrom’s hockey future and the HDA’s new grassroots program (The Hockey News)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.