NHL News and Notes from Monday, June 6th, 2022
- The Boston Bruins have relieved Bruce Cassidy as head coach.
- Cassidy had been the coach of the Bruins since February of 2017.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Edmonton Oilers – 8p ET – Game 4
- In Edmonton the Oilers would look to keep their season alive as they host the Colorado Avalanche for Game 4, and in the first period Cale Makar would score for the Avs to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Zach Hyman, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and Connor McDavid would score to give the Oilers the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Hyman would net his second of the game and Zack Kassian would score for the Oilers, but goals from Devon Toews, Gabriel Landeskog, Nathan MacKinnon, and Mikko Rantanen would tie the game at five as this game would go to overtime. In the extra frame Arturri Lehkonen would strike early to give the Avalanche the 6-5 victory over the Oilers to complete the sweep and move on to the Stanley Cup Final.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Avs Advance in OT Thriller
- NYR v. TB – 8p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Colombia looks to build on IIHF Development Cup title (Color of Hockey)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Oil Spill (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.