NHL News and Notes from Sunday, June 5th, 2022
- Boston Bruins F Patrice Bergeron was announced the winner of the Frank J. Selke award, which goes to the NHL forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game.
- The NHL’s Department of Player Safety has suspended Edmonton Oilers Evander Kane for one game for Boarding Colorado’s Nazem Kadri
- New York Rangers v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 3p ET – Game 3
- In the Thunderdome, the Lightning look to get back in the series with a win over the Rangers, who hold the 2-0 series lead. After a scoreless first period, the Rangers get on the board when Mika Zibanejad nets his 10th of the year on the power play and then Chris Kreider scores his 10th, also on the power play, to give New York the 2-0 lead. Tampa Bay then gets on the board when Nikita Kucherov scores his sixth, on a power play, to bring the Bolts within a goal. In the third, Steven Stamkos scores his sixth, also on the power play, to tie the game 2-2, and then Ondrej Palat scores his sixth of the year as the Lightning get the 3-2 win and come within a game from tying this series.
- Scott’s TXHT Game Recap – Palat GWG Gets Lightning Back in the Series
- COL v. EDM – 8p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.