NHL News and Notes from Saturday, May 21st, 2022
- The Pittsburgh Penguins announced that they have re-signed forward Bryan Rust.
- Rust signed a six year deal worth $30.75 million.
- Rust’s new deal will carry an AAV of $5.125 million per season.
- Colorado Avalanche v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET – Game 3
- In St. Louis the Blues and Colorado Avalanche would do battle, and in the first period Colton Parayko would score for the Blues and Logan O’Connor would score for the Avs for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Ryan O’Reilly would score for the Blues, but goals from Nazem Kadri and Artturi Lehkonen would give the Avs the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Gabriel Landeskog and Lehkonen would score to give the Avalanche the 5-2 victory over the Blues to take the 2-1 series lead.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Avs Smother Blues for 2-1 Series Lead
- FLA v. TB – 130p ET – Game 3
- CAR v. NYR – 330p ET – Game 3
- CAL v. EDM – 8p ET – Game 3
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Baltimore Banners Hockey Team Forges Bonds on the Ice (New York Times)
- 32 Thoughts: Latest on Trotz – Flyers, Jets, Golden Knights, Red Wings all express interest (HNIC)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.