NHL News and Notes from Saturday, May 7th, 2022
- Florida Panthers v. Washington Capitals – 1p ET – Game 3
- In Washington the Capitals would look to bounce back against the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Jonathan Huberdeau would strike early for the Panthers, but a late powerplay tally from TJ Oshie would tie the game at one for the Caps. In the second period Marcus Johansson and Trevor van Riemsdyk would score to give the Caps the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Alex Ovechkin, John Carlson, and Garnet Hathaway would all score to give the Capitals the 6-1 victory and the 2-1 series lead over the Panthers.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Caps Come Alive to Defeat Panthers
- Colorado Avalanche v. Nashville Predators – 430p ET – Game 3
- In Nashville the Predators look to prevent the Colorado Avalanche from taking a 3-0 series lead, and in the first period Matt Duchene would score for the Preds, but goals from Artturi Lehkonen and Nathan MacKinnon would give the Avs the 2-1 lead. In the second period Eeli Tolvanen and Roman Josi would score for the Preds, but Gabriel Landeskog would net a pair and Nazem Kadri would score to give the Avs, the 5-3 lead. Then in the third period Devon Toews and Valeri Nichushkin would score to give the Avalanche the 7-3 victory over the Predators to take the 3-0 series lead.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Avs Powerplay Tames the Preds
- New York Rangers v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET – Game 3
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins look to bounce back and regain the series lead as they host the New York Rangers, and in the first period Kaapo Kakko would score for the Rangers, but goals from Brock McGinn, Jeff Carter, and a pair from Evan Rodrigues would give the Pens the commanding 4-1 lead. In the second period Frank Vatrano, Artemi Panarin, and Andrew Copp would score for the Rangers to tie the game at four. Then in the third period Danton Heinen, Jake Guentzel, and Carter would score to give the Penguins the 7-4 victory over the Rangers to retake the series lead.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Third Period Dooms Rangers, Pens Lead Series 2-1
- Calgary Flames v. Dallas Stars – 930p ET – Game 3
- In Dallas the Stars and Calgary Flames would go to battle to take the 2-1 series lead, and in the first period Radek Faksa would score on a tip in to give the Stars the 1-0 lead, but Trevor Lewis would score to tie the game at one for the Flames. In the second period Elias Lindholm would score for the Flames to to take the lead, but Joe Pavelski would score to tie the game at two. Then in the third period Pavelski would net his second of the game and Roope Hintz would score to give the Stars the 4-2 victory over the Flames, and the 2-1 series lead.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Stars Outshine the Flames
- CAR v. BOS – 1230p ET – Game 4
- MIN v. STL – 430p ET – Game 4
- TOR v. TB – 7p ET – Game 4
- EDM v. LA – 10p ET – Game 4
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts: Scheifele did not ask for trade as Jets move into uncertain off-season (HNIC)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.