NHL News and Notes from Friday, April 1st, 2022
- The NHL announced Montreal Canadiens forward Cole Caufield as the Rookie of the Month for the month of March.
- Caufield would record seven goals and eight assists for 15 points to earn the honor.
- NHL Rookie of the Month – Caufield Finds His Touch
- The NHL announced that Nashville PRedators defenseman Roman Josi has earned top honors as the First Star of the Month for March.
- Johnny Gaudreau (CAL) and Sergei Bobrovsky (FLA) would round out the rest of the Three Stars.
- NHL 3 Stars of the Month – Josi Assists His Way to Top Honors
- Nashville Predators v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would take on the Nashville Predators, and in the first period Filip Forsberg, Michael McCarron, and Jeremy Lauzon would strike for the Preds, and Tage Thompson would net a pair of goals and Peyton Krebs would score for the Sabres for a 3-3 tie.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would host the Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period Calvin de Haan and Alex DeBrincat would score for the Blackhawks, and Steven Stamkos and Braydon Point would score for the Bolts for the 2-2 tie. In the second period Ross Colton would net a pair of goals for the Bolts to take the two goal lead. Then in the third period Branden Hagel would score against his former team as the Lightning would go on to defeat the Blackhawks 5-2.
- New York Islanders v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Islanders in a battle of New York, and in the first period Casey Cizikas would strike to give the Isles the 1-0 lead. In the second period Matt Martin would score to grow the Isles lead to two. Then in the third period Mathew Barzal would score to give the Islanders the 3-0 victory over the Rangers.
- Ottawa Senators v. Detroit Red Wings – 730p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would take on the Ottawa Senators, and in the first period Austin Watson would score to give the Sens the 1-0 lead. In the second period Lucas Raymond would score to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Raymond would net his second of the game for the Wings, but Mathieu Joseph would net the hat trick and Josh Norris would score to give the Senators the 5-2 victory over the Red Wings.
- St. Louis Blues v. Edmonton Oilers – 9p ET
- In Edmonton the Oilers would host the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Pavel Buchnevich would strike for the Blues, but Zach Hyman would net a pair of goals plus goals from Evander Kane and Connor McDavid would give the Oilers the 4-1 lead. In the second period Robert Thomas and Brayden Schenn would score for the Blues, but Darnell Nurse would score to keep the Oilers ahead by two. Then in the third period Buchnevich would net his second of the game and Ivan Barbashev would score to tie the game at five for the Blues, but in overtime McDavid would net his second of the game to give the Oilers the 6-5 victory over the Blues.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would do battle with the Vegas Golden Knights, and in the first period Jack Eichel would score to give the Knights the 1-0 lead. In the second period Eichel would net his second of the game and Shea Theodore would score to give the Knights the 3-0 lead. Then in the third period Alex Wennberg and Kole Lind would score for the Kraken, but goals from Jonathan Marchessault and William Karlsson would give the Golden Knights the 5-2 victory over the Kraken.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Arizona Coyotes – 1030p ET
- In Arizona the Coyotes would look to take down the Anaheim Ducks, and in the first period Isac Lundestrom, Gerry Mayhew, and Trevor Zegras would score to give the Ducks a commanding 3-0 lead. In the second period Cam Fowler would score to grow the Ducks lead to four. Then in the third period Lundestrom would net his second of the game to give the Ducks the 5-0 victory over the Coyotes.
- FLA v. NJ – 1230p ET
- PIT v. COL – 3p ET
- LA v. WIN – 7p ET
- CLB v. BOS – 7p ET
- MON v. TB – 7p ET
- TOR v. PHI – 7p ET
- MIN v. CAR – 7p ET
- STL v. CAL – 10p ET
- DAL v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- NHL, The Assist partner to give sensory kits to fans with autism (NHL.com)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce! (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.