NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, March 16th, 2022
- The Washington Capitals announced that they have re-signed forward Joe Snively.
- Snively signed a two year extension worth $1.6 million.
- The new deal will carry an AAV of $800k per season.
- The New York Rangers and Florida Panthers would make a trade.
- The Rangers acquired forward Frank Vatrano.
- The Panthers acquired a 2022 4th Round Pick.
- The San Jose Sharks announced that they have re-signed forward Tomas Hertl.
- Hertl signed an eight year deal with an AAV of $8.1375 million per season.
- Hertl’s new deal has five years with a limited No Trade Clause, and three years with a No Move Clause.
- The Montreal Canadiens and Florida Panthers would make a trade.
- The Panthers would acquire defenseman Ben Chiarot.
- The Canadiens would acquire forward Tyler Smilanic.
- The Habs would also acquire a 2022 4th Round Pick and a 2023 1st Round Pick.
- The Calgary Flames and Seattle Kraken would make a trade.
- The Flames acquired forward Calle Jarnkrok.
- The Kraken acquired a 2022 2nd Round Pick (FLA), a 2023 3rd Round Pick, and a 2024 7th Round Pick.
- The Kraken will retain 50% of Jarnkrok’s salary.
- Boston Bruins v. Minnesota Wild – 730p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would play host to the Boston Bruins, and in the first period Kirill Kaprizov would score on the powerplay and then would net his second of the game later in the period to give the Wild the 2-0 lead, but Craig Smith would score to bring the B’s back within one. In the second period Brad Marchand would score to tie the game at two for the B’s. Then in the third period Jordan Greenway and Ryan Hartman would score to give the Wild the 4-2 victory over the Bruins.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Ottawa Senators – 730p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would do battle with the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Tyler Ennis would score for the Sens and Jack Roslovic would strike for the Jackets for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Eric Robinson and Roslovic would score to give the Jackets the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Sean Kuraly would score to give the Blue Jackets the 4-1 victory over the Senators.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would host the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Yanni Gourde would score on the powerplay against his former team to give the Kraken the 1-0 lead, but Nikita Kucherov would strike to tie the game at one for the Bolts. In the second, Victor Hedman goes on to net his 16th of the year to give Tampa Bay the lead. In the third, the Bolts take the 3-1 lead after Anthony Cirelli scores his 14th of the year and then the Lightning slam the door shut on the win after Victor Hedman scores his second of the night as Tampa Bay breezes by Seattle 4-1.
- New Jersey Devils v. Calgary Flames – 10p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would host the New Jersey Devils, and in the first period Brett Ritchie would strike to give the Flames the 1-0 lead, but Dawson Mercer would score to tie the game at one for the Devils. Calgary then retakes the lead after Andrew Mangiapane scores his 30th of the year. In the second, P.K. Subban scores his fourth of the year to tie the game for the Devils but then Calgary gets a trio of goals from Dillon Dube, netting his seventh, Matthew Tkachuk, scoring his 28th, and Milan Lucic, scoring his 10th, to give the Flames the 5-2 lead. In the third, the Devils cut the deficit to two when Yegor Sharangovich scores his 15th but the Flames seal the win after Johnny Gaudreau scores his 27th as Calgary doubles up New Jersey 6-3.
- NYI v. NYR – 7p ET
- CAR v. TOR – 7p ET
- DAL v. MON – 7p ET
- NAS v. PHI – 7p ET
- WAS v. CLB – 7p ET
- PIT v. STL – 8p ET
- BUF v. EDM – 9p ET
- DET v. VAN – 10p ET
- SJ v. LA – 10p ET
- FLA v. VGK – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- From the Archives: The Best Tough NHL Team Ever (The Hockey News)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.