NHL News and Notes from Sunday, March 6th, 2022
- The New York Islanders claimed forward Austin Czarnik off of waivers from Seattle.
- The Detroit Red Wings claimed defenseman Olli Juolevi off waivers from Florida.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Buffalo Sabres – 1p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would play host to the Los Angeles Kings, and after a scoreless first period Andreas Anthanasiou would score to give the Kings the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Anthanasiou would net his second of the game and Dustin Brown would score to give the Kings the 3-0 victory over the Sabres.
- St. Louis Blues v. New Jersey Devils – 1p ET
- At the Rock in New Jersey the Devils would play host to the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Ty Smith would open the scoring for the Devils with the 1-0 lead. In the second period Torey Krug and Jordan Kyrou would score for the Blues to take the lead, but Dawson Mercer would strike to tie the game at two for the Devils. Then after a scoreless third period Dougie Hamilton would score in overtime to give the Devils the 3-2 victory over the Blues.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Hamilton’s OT Heroics Down Blues
- Dallas Stars v. Minnesota Wild – 4p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would take on the former North Stars as the Dallas Stars would come to town, and in the first period Nico Sturm would strike for the Wild, but with three seconds left in the period Joe Pavelski would strike for the Stars to tie the game at one. In the second period Jason Robertson would net a pair of goals and Riley Tufte would score to give the Stars the 4-1 lead. Then in the third period Kirill Kaprizov would net a pair of goals for the Wild, but Jamie Ben would strike and Robertson would complete the hat trick to give the Stars the 6-3 victory over the Wild.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Chicago Blackhawks – 7p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would take on the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Dylan Strome would score for the Blackhawks to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Patrick Kane would score for the Blackhawks, but goals from Taylor Raddysh, Victor Hedman, and Cal Foote would score to Give the Bolts the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Alex DeBrincat would score for the Blackhawks, but Hedman would net his second of the game plus goals from Corey Perry and Mikhail Sergachev would give the Lightning the 6-3 victory over the Blackhawks.
- New York Rangers v. Winnipeg Jets – 7p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would host the New York Rangers, and in the first period Barclay Goodrow and Chris Kreider would score to give the Rangers the 2-0 lead. In the second period Nikolaj Ehlers would score to get the Jets on the board and back within one. Then in the third period Kreider would net his second of the game and Jacob Trouba would score to give the Rangers the 4-1 victory over the Jets.
- Seattle Kraken v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- In Carolina the Seattle Kraken would come to town to take on the Hurricanes, and after a scoreless first period Alex Wennberg and Calle Jarnkrok would score for the Kraken and Nino Niederreiter and Teuvo Teravainen would strike for the Canes as the teams would be tied at two after forty minutes. Then in the third period Martin Necas would score to give the Hurricanes the 3-2 victory over the Kraken.
- Ottawa Senators v. Vegas Golden Knights – 8p ET
- In Vegas the Golden Knights would play host to the Ottawa Senators, and after a scoreless first period Jonathan Marchessault would strike first for the Knights, but Brady Tkachuk would score for the Sens to tie the game at one. Then with 6 seconds left in regulation Jack Eichel would score his third of the season to give the Golden Knights the 2-1 victory over the Senators.
- San Jose Sharks v. Anaheim Ducks – 8p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would look to take down the San Jose Sharks, and in the first period Logan Couture would score for the Sharks to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Marc-Edouard Vlasic would score for the Sharks, but goals from Adam Henrique and Sonny Milano would tie the game at two for the Ducks. Then after a scoreless third period Rickard Rakell would strike to give the Ducks the 3-2 overtime victory over the Sharks.
- LA v. BOS – 7p ET
- FLA v. BUF – 7p ET
- TOR v. CLB – 7p ET
- COL v. NYI – 730p ET
- EDM v. CAL – 930p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Michael recaps the past week for the Washington Capitals (TXHT)
- Dickson recaps the past week for the Montreal Canadiens (TXHT)
- Scott Recaps the past week for the Seattle Kraken (TXHT)
- TXHT Podcast – We’re Back! (Better Late Than Never) (TXHT)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.