NHL News and Notes from Sunday, February 27th, 2022
- The Washington Capitals announced that they have re-assigned goaltender Pheonix Copley to Hershey.
- The Capitals also assigned goaltender Vitek Vanecek to Hershey on a conditioning assignment.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Carolina Hurricanes – 1p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would host the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Teuvo Teravainen and Sebastian Aho would score to give the Canes the 2-0 lead. Then in the second period Derek Ryan would score for the Oilers, but it would not be enough as the Hurricanes would hold on for the 2-1 victory over the Oilers.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Dallas Stars – 2p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would play host to the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period Michael Raffl would score to give the Stars the 1-0 lead. In the second period Tage Thompson would score for the Sabres, but Roope Hintz would score and Raffl would net his second of the game to give the Stars the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Cody Eakin would score for the Sabres, but Denis Gurianov would strike to give the Stars the 4-2 victory over the Sabres.
- St. Louis Blues v. Chicago Blackhawks – 3p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would take on their divisional rival St. Louis Blues, and after a scoreless first period Jordan Kyrou, Pavel Buchnevich, and David Perron would score to give the Blues the 3-0 lead. Then in the second period Perron would net his second of the game to give the Blues the 4-0 victory over the Blackhawks.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Arizona Coyotes – 4p ET
- In Arizona the Coyotes would take on the Winnipeg Jets, and in the first period both teams would trade a pair of tallies as Adam Lowry and Evgeny Svechnikov would score for the Jets and Jakob Chychrun and Barrett Hayton would score for the Coyotes for the 2-2 tie. In the second period Nick Ritchie would score to give the Coyotes the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Blake Wheeler would score and Kyle Connor would score a pair of goals to give the Jets the 5-3 victory over the Coyotes.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 6p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets would take on the Pittsburgh Penguins, and in the first period Oliver Bjorkstrand would strike for the Jackets, but Chad Ruhwedel would score for the Pens to tie the game at one. In the second period Jack Roslovic would score to give the Jackets the lead. Then in the third period Evgeni Malkin would score to tie the game at two and then Sidney Crosby would score to give the Penguins the 3-2 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Vancouver Canucks v. New York Rangers – 730p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Vancouver Canucks, and in the first period Tanner Pearson and Tyler Myers would strike to give the Canucks the 2-0 lead. In the second period Juho Lammikko and Matthew Highmore would score to grow the Canucks lead to four. Then in the third period Alexis Lafreniere and Ryan Strome would score for the Rangers, but Elias Pettersson would score to give the Canucks the 5-2 victory.
- New York Islanders v. Anaheim Ducks – 830p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would play host to the New York Islanders, and in the first period Noah Dobson would score to give the Isles the 1-0 lead. In the second period Casey Cizikas would score to grow the Isles lead to two. Then in the third period Andy Greene and Kieffer Bellows would score to give the Isles the 4-0 victory over the Ducks.
- Seattle Kraken v. San Jose Sharks – 10p ET
- In San Jose the Sharks host the Kraken and in the first period San Jose takes the 1-0 lead when Ryan Dzingel scores his fifth of the season but then Seattle ties the game when Morgan Geekie scores his fourth of the year. In the second, San Jose re-takes the lead after Scott Reedy strikes with his first careeer NHL goal. In the third, San Jose gets the win after Jonah Gadjovich gets his first career NHL goal as the Sharks defeat the Kraken 3-1.
- VAN v. NJ – 730p ET
- TOR v. WAS – 730p ET
- BOS v. LA – 1030p ET