NHL News and Notes from Sunday, January 23rd, 2022
- Winnipeg Jets v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 1p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would play host to the Winnipeg Jets, and in the first period Blake Wheeler would score to give the Jets the 1-0 lead. In the second period Kyle Connor would score to grow the Jets lead to two. Then in the third period Kasperi Kapanen and Jeff Carter would score to tie the game at two
- Ottawa Senators v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 6p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets would take on the Ottawa Senators, and in the first period Artem Zub would score for the Sens, but Sean Kuraly would strike to tie the game at one for the Jackets. Then in the second period Tim Stutzle would score to give the Senators the 2-1 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Los Angeles Kings v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would host the Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period Alex Iafallo would score for the Kings, but a pair of goals by Jesper Bratt would give the Devils the 2-1 lead. In the second period Viktor Arvidsson would score for the Kings to tie the game at two. Then in the third period Carl Grundstrom would score to give the Kings the 3-2 victory over the Devils.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Kings Crowned Winners Over Devils
- Florida Panthers v. Seattle Kraken – 9p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would host the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Anthony Duclair would score to give the Panthers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Marcus Johansson would strike to tie the game at one for the Kraken and Yanni Gourde and Colin Blackwell would score for the Kraken, but goals from Jonathan Huberdeau and Aleksander Barkov would score to tie the game at three for the Panthers. Then in the third period Mason Appleton and Calle Jarnkrok would strike to give the Kraken the 5-3 victory over the Panthers.
- St. Louis Blues v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver the Canucks would host the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period both teams would trade goals as Tanner Pearson would score for the Canucks and Justin Faulk for the Blues for a 1-1 tie. Then in the second period Brayden Schenn and Jordan Kyrou would score to give the Blues the 3-1 victory over the Canucks.
- ANA v. BOS – 7p ET
- LA v. NYR – 7p ET
- DAL v. PHI – 7p ET
- VGK v. WAS – 7p ET
- MON v. MIN – 8p ET
- CHI v. COL – 9p ET
- STL v. CAL – 9p ET