NHL News and Notes from Sunday, December 5th, 2021
- The Anaheim Ducks has placed forward Ryan Getzlaf on injured reserve.
- The ducks have recalled forward Benoit-Olivier Groulx from San Diego of the AHL.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Philadelphia Flyers – 6p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers would play host to the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Ryan McDonagh and Corey Perry would score to give the Bolts the 2-0 lead. In the third period Taylor Raddysh, Boris Katchouk, and Mathieu Joseph would strike to grow the Bolts lead to five. Then the third period Cam Atkinson would score, but Pat Maroon’s tally and Perry’s second of the game would would give the Lightning the 7-1 victory over the Flyers.
- San Jose Sharks v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 6p ET
- In Columbus the San Jose Sharks would continue their road trip as they take on the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Adam Boqvist would strike for the Jackets, but Nick Bonino would score for the Sharks. In the second period Erik Karlsson would strike for the Sharks in the first 21 seconds, but 32 seconds later Sean Kuraly would score to tie the game back up at two. Later in the second period Brent Burns would strike to give the Sharks the lead again, but Cole Sillinger would score to tie the game at three. Then in the third period Jack Roslovic would strike and Boqvist would net his second of the game to give the Jackets the two goal lead, but Tomas Hertl would score to bring the Sharks back within one. However, Alexandre Texier would strike to give the Blue Jackets the 6-4 victory over the Sharks.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. New York Islanders – 730p ET
- In Long Island the New York Islander would host the Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period Alex DeBrincat would score on the powerplay to give the Blackhawks the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jean-Gabriel Pageau would score on the powerplay to tie the game at one for the Isles. Then in the third period Dylan Strome would score for the Blackhawks to give them the 2-1 lead, but with four seconds left Noah Dobson would score to tie the game and force overtime for the Isles. After a scoreless extra five minutes of hockey it would be Patrick Kane with the shootout winner to give the Blackhawks the 3-2 victory over the Islanders.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Edmonton Oilers – 8p ET
- In Edmonton the Oilers would host the Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period Rasmus Kupari would strike for the Kings to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Adrian Kempe would score to grow the Kings lead to two, but Darnell Nurse would net his first game of the season to get the Oilers on the board and cut their deficit to one. then in the third period Kempe would net his second of the game and goals from Drew Doughty and Trevor Moore would give the Kings the 5-1 victory over the Oilers.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would host the Toronto Maple Leafs, and in the first period Pierre-Luc Dubois would strike on the powerplay to give the Jets the 1-0 lead, but Michael Bunting would score to tie the game at one for the Leafs. In the second period Andrew Copp would score for the Jets to retake the lead and Evgeny Svechnikov, Kyle Connor, and Nikolag Ehlers would score to grow the Jets lead to four. Auston Matthews and Ondrej Kase would strike for the Leafs to cut their deficit to two. Then in the third period Mark Scheifele would score to give the Jets the 6-3 victory over the Maple Leafs.
- Calgary Flames v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In The Fortress, the Golden Knights look to douse the Flames. In the first period, Max Pacioretty finds the back of the net for his sixth goal of the year to give the Golden Knights the 1-0 lead. In the third, Vegas makes it a 2-0 lead after Nicolas Roy nets his fourth of the year, followed by Calgary getting on the board when Elias Lindholm striking for his 11th of the year. Evgenii Dadonov will then give Vegas the 3-1 lead with his seventh of the year and Calgary comes within a goal when Andrew Mangiapane nets his 17th of the year. The Calgary comebacks falls short as the Vegas Golden Knights down the Calgary Flames 3-2.
- OTT v. NJ – 7p ET
- COL v. PHI – 7p ET
- ANA v. WAS – 7p ET
- ARI v. DAL – 830p ET
- LA v. VAN – 10p ET
- PIT v. SEA – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Dickson recaps the past week for the Montreal Canadiens. (TXHT)
- Russell recaps the past week for the New York Rangers. (TXHT)
- Scott recaps the past week for the Seattle Kraken. (TXHT)
- NHL notes: Jake DeBrusk wants out of Boston. Should Kraken get involved? (Seattle Times)