NHL News and Notes from Sunday, November 28th, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has announced that they have offered Los Angeles Kings forward Brendan Lemieux an in person hearing.
- The hearing is for Lemieux biting Ottawa Senators forward Brady Tkachuk on Saturday night.
- The hearing will take place on Tuesday, November 30th.
- The Montreal Canadiens have relieved General Manager and Executive Vice President Marc Bergevin of his duties.
- Trevor Timmons was relieved as Assistant General Manager, and Paul Wilson was relieved as Senior Vice President, Public Affairs and Communications as well.
- Jeff Gorton has been named as Executive Vice President of Hockey Operations.
- A new search for General Manager is now underway.
- Washington Capitals v. Carolina Hurricanes – 1p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would play host to the Washington Capitals, and after a scoreless first period Alex Ovechkin and Aleksai Protas would score for the Caps to take the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period the Canes would come alive as Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Nino Niederreiter would score to tie the game at two, but Dmitry Orlov would strike on the powerplay and John Carlson would score with the empty netter to give the Capitals the 4-2 victory over the Hurricanes.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – A Battle of a Win
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Minnesota Wild – 2p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would take on the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Corey Perry would score for the Bolts, but goals from Nick Bjugstad and Victor Rask would give the Wild the 2-1 lead. In the second period Alex Killorn would score for the Lightning to tie the game at two. Then in the third period Ryan Hartman and Marcus Foligno would score to give the Wild the 4-2 victory over the Lightning.
- New York Islanders v. New York Rangers – 6p ET
- Postponed due to COVID-19 Protocols
- San Jose Sharks v. Chicago Blackhawks – 7p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would play host to the San Jose Sharks, and after a scoreless first period Timo Meier would score to give the Sharks the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Meier would net his second of the game to give the Sharks the 2-0 victory over the Blackhawks.
- Vancouver Canucks v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would play host to the Vancouver Canucks, and in the first period Tanner Pearson would strike on the powerplay for the Canucks, but Anton Blidh would score for the Bs to tie the game at one. In the second period Conor Garland would score to give the Canucks the 2-1 lead. then in the third period Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak would net powerplay goals to give the Bruins the 3-2 victory over the Canucks.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would host the Philadelphia Flyers, and in the first period Dougie Hamilton would score to give the Devils the 1-0 lead, but Scott Laughton would score while shorthanded to tie the game for the Flyers. In the second period Andreas Johnsson would score for the Devils to take the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Joel Farabee would score for the Flyers, but goals from Jesper Bratt, Nathan Bastian, and Johnsson would give the Devils the 5-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Vanquish the Flyers 5-2
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Anaheim Ducks – 8p ET
- In Anaheim the Toronto Maple Leafs would continue their west coast trip as they take on the Ducks, and after a scoreless first period Auston Matthews and Michael Bunting would score to give the Leafs the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Alex Kerfoot would score 13 seconds in to grow the Leafs lead to three, but Hampus Lindholm would score to get the Ducks on the board to cut their deficit back to two. However, the Leafs would get goals from William Nylander and Wayne Simmonds to give the Maple Leafs the 5-1 victory over the Ducks.
- SEA v. BUF – 7p ET
- ARI v. WIN – 730p ET
- VAN v. MON – 730p ET
- PIT v. CAL – 9p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Aryan recaps the past 12 games for the St. Louis Blues. (TXHT)
- Dickson recaps the past week for the Montreal Canadiens. (TXHT)
- Scott recaps the past week for the Seattle Kraken. (TXHT)
- Sharks to place Evander Kane on waivers, will be assigned to AHL’s Barracuda if he clears. (The Athletic – $)
- Washington Capitals Shut Down Hurricanes 4-2, Take Over Top Spot in League (Stars & Sticks)
- Russell recaps the past week for the New York Rangers. (TXHT)
- Dickson breaks down the Canadiens move of relieving Marc Bergevin and others. (TXHT)