NHL News and Notes from Sunday, November 7th, 2021
- The Toronto Maple Leafs announced that they have placed goaltender Petr Mrazek on injured reserve due to a groin injury.
- Mrazek’s placement onto IR is retroactive to November 4th.
- Mrazek is expected to miss approximately 4 weeks.
- The NHL Department of Player Safety announced they fined Philadelphia Flyers forward Derick Brassard.
- Brassard would be fined $2,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct on Saturday night against the Washington Capitals.
- Brassard, who was on the Flyers bench, would punch forward Garnet Hathaway while he was on the ice.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Detroit Red Wings – 6p ET
- In the Motor City, the Red Wings look to rev past the Golden Knights. In the first period, Vegas gets on the board first with a goal by Nicolas Roy, his second on the season. Then, Detroit ties the game when Lucas Raymond nets his sixth. The Red Wings then take the 2-1 lead after Robby Fabbri nets his third of the year. Detroit then takes the two goal lead when Pius Suter scores his third of the season. In the second period, Vladislav Namestnikov gets his fifth of the year to get Detroit the commanding three goal lead. In the third, Vegas cuts the Red Wings lead in half after Jonathan Marchessault scores his sixth of the year. Detroit then nets the game winer with Tyler Bertuzzi’s ninth of the year as the Red Wings get the 5-2 win over the Vegas Golden Knights.
- Nashville Predators v. Chicago Blackhawks – 7p ET
- In the Windy City, the Blackhawks look to get a win after a horrendous past couple of weeks with the issues that have faced the storied franchise. After a scoreless first period, Brandon Hagel scores his fourth of the year to give Chicago the 1-0 lead. Nashville then ties it after Alexandre Carrier’s first of the year. After a scoreless third, the game moves to overtime where Alex DeBrincat nets the game winner 37 seconds into the extra frame as Chicago gets the 2-1 win over the Nashville Predators.
- St. Louis Blues v. Anaheim Ducks – 8p ET
- In Anaheim, the Ducks look to win their fourth contest in a row. In the first, St. Louis jumps out to a very early lead when Brandon Saad nets his fourth of the year. In the second, Sam Carrick nets his third to tie the game for the Ducks. In the third period, Troy Terry nets a power play goal, good for his eighth of the year as the Ducks take the 2-1 lead. Anaheim jumps out to the 3-1 lead when Sam Steel nets his third of the year. Anaheim then seals the win after Benoit-Oliver Groulx scores his first career NHL goal as the Ducks take down the Blues for the 4-1 win.
- New York Islanders v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In St. Paul, the Wild look to get the win over the Islanders. In the first, New York takes the 1-0 lead when Andres Lee nets his third of the season. In the second, Nick Bjugstad nets his second to tie the game for the Wild. Lee then nets his second of the contest to give the Isles the lead once more. In the third, Ryan Hartman scores his sixth to make it a 2-2 game. Minnesota then jumps out to the 3-2 lead with Brandon Duhaime’s second of the year. The Wild take the two goal lead when Jonas Brodin scores his second of the year and Minnesota seals the win after Matt Dumba’s second of the year as the Wild breeze by the Isles for the 5-2 win.
- Dallas Stars v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver, the Stars look to shine bright against a declining Canucks team. In the first, the Stars get on the board with Joe Pavelski’s third of the year. In the second, Vancouver ties the game when J.T. Miller scores his fourth of the season. The Canucks take the 2-1 lead when Elias Pettersson nets his second of the year and Bo Horvat makes it a two goal Vancouver lead when Horvat nets his fifth of the season. Dallas then cuts the lead by one when Luke Glendening nets his third of the season but Vancouver re-gains the two goal lead after Vasily Podkolzin’s third goal of the season. In the third, Dallas once again cuts the Canucks lead by one when Jamie Benn scores his third of the season. Then, J.T. Miller nets his second of the night to give the Canucks the 5-3 lead. Vancouver then seals the win as Brock Boeser nets his fourth of the year as the Canucks double up the Stars and get the 6-3 win.
- FLA v. NYR – 7p ET
- BUF v. WAS – 7p ET
- LA v. TOR – 730p ET