NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, May 26th, 2021
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. New York Islanders – Game 6 – 630p ET
- At Nassau Coliseum the New York Islanders would host the Pittsburgh Penguins with the hopes of moving on to the second round. In the first period Jeff Carter and Jake Guentzel would score for the Pens and Anthony Beauvillier and Kyle Palmieri would score for the Isles as the game would be tied at two. Then in the second period Jason Zucker would score for the Penguins, but a pair of goals from Brock Nelson and a tally from Ryan Pulock would give the Islanders the 5-3 victory and the 4-2 series win to move on to face the Boston Bruins in the second round.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – 3 Goal Second Period Guide Isles to the 2nd Round
- Florida Panthers v. Tampa Bay Lightning – Game 6 – 8p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning look to close out the series once again against the Florida Panthers. In the first period Pat Maroon would score to get the Bolts on the board first, and then in the second period Steven Stamkos would score to give the Bolts the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Brayden Point and Alex Killorn would score to give the Lightning the 4-0 victory over the Panthers to move on the the second round.
- Aryan’s TXHT Recap – Bolts Blank Panthers to Advance
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Minnesota Wild – Game 6 – 9p ET
- With the hopes of forcing a game seven, the Minnesota Wild would play host to the Vegas Golden Knights, and after a scoreless 40 minutes Ryan Hartman and Kevin Fiala would strike for the Wild to take the 2-0 lead. Minnesota seals the win when Nick Bjugstad scores to give the Wild the 3-0 win and set up a do or die Game 7.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Wild Friday Knight coming up for Game 7
- MON v. TOR – Game 5 – 7p ET
- CAR v. NAS – Game 6 – 930p ET