NHL News and Notes from April 25th, 2021
- Boston Bruins v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 3p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would hos the Boston Bruins for a Sunday afternoon matinee, and 44 minutes into the game we would get our lone goal of the game as Jake Guentzel would net his 21st of the season to give the Pens the 1-0 victory.
- New Jersey Devils v. Philadelphia Flyers – 6p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers would play host to the New Jersey Devils, and in the first period both teams would trade tallies as Michael McLeod would score for the Devils and Sean Couturier would strike for the Flyers. In the second period Miles Wood would give the Devils the 2-1 lead, and then in the third period Pavel Zacha would grow their lead to two. However, in the final 90 seconds of regulation Claude Giroux would net a pair of goals to tie the game at three and send the game to overtime. After an extra five minutes of hockey, the Devils and Flyers would head to the shootout and it would be Kevin Hayes with the winner to give the Flyers the 4-3 comeback victory.
- Buffalo Sabres v. New York Rangers – 6p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the Buffalo Sabres would come to visit the New York Rangers. In the first period Jeff Skinner would score for the Sabres, but goals from Kaapo Kakko and a pair from Mika Zibanejad would give the Rangers the 3-1 lead. Then in the second period Victor Olofsson would strike for the Sabres, but Zibanejad would strike to complete the hat trick to keep the Rangers ahead by two. In the third period Sam Reinhart would score for the Sabres, but Kakko’s second of the game and a late tally from Kevin Rooney would give the Rangers the 6-3 victory.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would host the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Ondrej Palat would score for the Bolts, but goals from Mikhail Griorenko and Eric Robinson would give the Jackets the 2-1 lead. In the second period Mathieu Joseph would score to tie the game at two for the Bolts. In the third period Robinson would net his second of the game for the Jackets to take the lead, but Alex Barre-Boulet would net his first career NHL goal to tie the game at three for the Bolts and send the game to overtime. Then in the extra frame Victor Hedman would strike to give the Lightning the 4-3 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- MON v. CAL – 6:30p ET
- VAN v. OTT – 7p ET
- CAR v. DAL – 7p ET
- FLA v. NAS – 8p ET
- STL v. MIN – 8p ET
- EDM v. WIN – 9p ET
- COL v. VGK – 10p ET
- ANA v. LA – 10p ET
- ARI v. SJ – 10:30p ET