NHL News and Notes from Sunday, April 18th, 2021
- Washington Capitals v. Boston Bruins – 12p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would play host to the Washington Capitals, and in the first period Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci would strike to give the B’s the 2-0 lead, but TJ Oshie would strike with ten seconds left in the period to bring the Caps back within one. In the second period Oshie would net his second of the game and Anthony Mantha would net his fourth goal since coming to the Caps to give them the 3-2 lead, but Bergeron and Krejci’s second of the game and Brad Marchand’s 22nd of the season would give the B’s the 5-3 lead. Then in the third period Marchand would net his second of the game to give the Bruins the 6-3 victory over the Capitals.
- New York Rangers v. New Jersey Devils – 3p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would host the New York Rangers, and in the first period Chris Kreider and Vitali Kravtsov would strike to give the Rangers the 2-0 lead. Then in the second period Alexis Lafreniere would strike to grow the Rangers lead to three, but Mikhail Maltsev would strike to get the Devils on the board and back within two. Then in the third period Marian Studenic and Nico Hischier would strike to tie the game at three for the Devils, but goals from Mika Zibanejad and Ryan Strome would give the Rangers the 5-3 victory.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. Buffalo Sabres – 3p ET
- In Buffalo the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Sabres would do battle for the second straight day, and in the first period Arttu Ruostsalainen would strike to give the Sabres the 1-0 lead. In the second period Sam Reinhart would net his 16th of the season to give the Sabres the two goal lead. Then in the third period Jason Zucker and Teddy Blueger would strike to get the Pens on the board, but Reinhart’s second of the game and a tally from Rasmus Asplund would give the Sabres the 4-2 victory.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Anaheim Ducks – 4p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks and Vegas Golden Knights would do battle, and in the first period the Max Pacioretty would would strike first for the Knights, but Max Comtois would strike three minutes later to tie the game at one for the Ducks. Later in the period Alex Pietrangelo would score his fourth of the season to give the Knights the one goal lead once again. In the second period Danton Heinen would score for the Ducks, but goals from Nicolas Roy and Mark Stone would keep the Knights in the lead. In the third period Alex Tuch would score to secure the 5-2 victory for the Golden Knights over the Ducks.
- New York Islanders v. Philadelphia Flyers – 6:30p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers would host the New York Islanders, and it would be a scoreless 60 minutes of hockey as overtime would be needed to get ourselves a winner, and a winner it would provide as Nick Leddy would strike in the extra frame to give the Islanders the 1-0 victory.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Vancouver Canucks – 7p ET
- After a long hiatus due to one of the worst COVID-19 outbreaks, the Vancouver Canucks would return to host the Toronto Maple Leafs. In the first period William Nylander would strike to give the Leafs the 1-0 lead, and then in the second period Auston Matthews would strike on the powerplay to give the Leafs the two goal lead. However, before the end of the second Bo Horvat would score to get the Canucks on the board, and then in the third period Nils Hoglander would strike to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame it would be Horvat with his second of the game to give the Canucks the 3-2 victory over the Leafs.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- CAR v. TB – 7p ET
- CLB v. FLA – 7p ET
- DET v. DAL – 7:30p ET
- CHI v. NAS – 8p ET
- TOR v. VAN – 9p ET
- MIN v. ARI – 9p ET
- OTT v. CAL – 9p ET
- MON v. EDM – 9p ET
- SJ v. VGK – 10p ET