NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, April 13th, 2021
- Buffalo Sabres v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would host the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period both teams would trade tallies as Colin Miller would score for the Sabres and David Krejci would score for the B’s. In the second period Craig Smith would score for the B’s, but in the third period Rasmus Dahlin would score to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. After a scoreless five minutes it would be Jake DeBrusk in the shootout to give the Bruins the 3-2 victory over the Sabres.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington the Philadelphia Flyers would come to town to take on the Capitals. In the first period Conor Sheary would open the scoring for the Caps, but Sean Couturier would deflect a shot past Ilya Samsonov moments later to tie the game at one. However, before the period ended Tom Wilson would strike on the Powerplay to retake the one goal lead, and then Nicklas Backstrom would score on the powerplay and Carl Hagelin would strike to grow the lead to three. Then in the second period Anthony Mantha would net his first goal as a Capital, and Alex Ovechkin would strike on the powerplay in the third period to give the Capitals the 6-1 victory.
Michael’s TXHT Recap – Mantha Shines in Debut
- New York Rangers v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would play host to the New York Rangers, and in the first period Mika Zibanejad would net would become the eventual game winner to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Artemi Panarin would strike and Pavel Buchnevich would net the 20,000th goal in Rangers franchise history to take the 3-0 victory over the Devils.
- Calgary Flames v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would take on the Calgary Flames, and in the first period Juuso Valimaki would score to give the Flames the 1-0 lead, but Zach Hyman would strike to tie the game at one. Then in the second period Elias Lindholm would reclaim the lead for the Flames, but in the third period Alexander Kerfoot would strike to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Johnny Gaudreau would score to give the Flames the 3-2 victory.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- The Tampa Bay Lightning would head to Nashville to take on the Predators, and in the first period Colton Sissons, Roman Josi, and Viktor Arvidsson would strike to give the Preds the 3-0 lead. In the second period Brayden Point would score for Tampa, but Rocco Grimaldi would strike to regain the three goal lead. Then in the third period Yanni Gourde would strike for the Bolts, but Arvidsson’s second of the game, and tallies from Tanner Jeannot and Mikael Granlund would give the Predators the dominate 7-2 victory.
- Florida Panthers v. Dallas Stars – 8:30p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would host to the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Aleksander Barkov would score for the Panthers, but Jason Robertson would strike less than a minute later to tie the game at one. In the second period Radko Gudas would net his first as a Panther to give them the 2-1 lead. In the third period Joe Pavelski would score for the Stars to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Frank Vatrano would net his 14th of the season while on the powerplay to give the Panthers the 3-2 victory.
- ARI v. MIN – 2p ET
- CAL v. MON – 7p ET
- WIN v. OTT – 7p ET
- COL v. STL – 7:30p ET
- VGK v. LA – 10p ET
- VAN v. EDM – 10p ET
- ANA v. SJ – 10:30p ET