NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, April 14th, 2021
- The Washington Capitals have re-signed forward Conor Sheary to a new contract.
- Sheary has signed a two year deal worth $3 million.
- Cap hit is $1.5 million per season.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Minnesota Wild – 2p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would host the Arizona Coyotes in an afternoon matinee. In the first period Mats Zuccarello would open the scoring for the Wild to take the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Jakob Chychrun would score for the Yotes, but goals from Parise and Bonino would give the Wild the two goal lead. Then in the third period Phil Kessel would strike for the Coyotes, but Zuccarello’s second of the game, and a tally from Jared Spurgeon would give the Wild the 5-2 victory.
- Calgary Flames v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens and Calgary Flames would do battle, and in the first period Noah Hanafin would strike to give the Flames the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period both teams would trade tallies as Mark Giordano would score to grow the Flames lead to two, but Brett Kulak would strike to bring the Habs back within one. In the third period Josh Leivo and Sean Monahan would score for the Flames to give them the 4-1 victory.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Ottawa Senators – 7p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would host the Winnipeg Jets, and in the first period Nick Paul would open the scoring for the Sens, but Mark Scheifele would tie the game at one for the Jets with his 16th of the season. Then after a scoreless second period, Mathieu Perreault would score on the powerplay and Trevor Lewis would strike while shorthanded to give the Jets the 3-1 lead. Josh Norris would score late for the Senators, but the Jets would hold on to take the 3-2 victory.
- Colorado Avalanche v. St. Louis Blues – 7:30p ET
- The Colorado Avalanche would head to St. Louis to take on the Blues, and in the first period Pierre-Edouard Bellemare would strike for the Avs, but Vince Dunn would tie the game at one for the Blues. Then in the second period JT Compher, Mikko Rantanen, and Brandon Saad would strike to give the Avs the 4-1 lead. In the third period Mike Hoffman would net a pair of goals for the Blues, but The Avalanche would hold on for the 4-3 victory.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Los Angeles Kings – 10p ET
- In L.A. the Kings look to knock of the Golden Knights and in the first Vegas gets a pair of goals when Tomas Nosek and Alex Tuch score their eighth and 15th goals, respectively. The Kings get on the board when Trevor Moore nets his sixth of the year. Vegas makes it a 3-1 game when Max Pacioretty nets his 21st on the year. In the second, Chandler Stephenson gives the Golden Knights the three goal lets. Moore nets his second goal of the night to make it a 4-2 Vegas lead. In the third, Mark Stone nets his 14th and Alex Pietrangelo nets third as the Golden Knights breeze by the Kings with the 6-2 win.
- Anaheim Ducks v. San Jose Sharks – 10:30p ET
- In the Shark Tank, the Sharks look to take a bite out of the Ducks and in the first, the Ducks gets on the board when Ryan Getzlaf nets his fourth of the year. In the second, Derek Grant nets his fifth and Alexander Volkov nets his seventh as the Ducks make it a 3-0 lead. In the third, Erik Karlsson nets his fifth of the year to make it a 3-1 Ducks lead. Anaheim seals the victory when Jakob Silfverberg nets his eighth on the year as the Ducks gets the 4-1 win over the Sharks.
- NYI v. BOS – 7p ET
- NJ v. NYR – 7p ET
- BUF v. WAS – 7p ET
- NAS v. CAR – 7p ET
- FLA v. TB – 7p ET
- PHI v. PIT – 7p ET
- WIN v. TOR – 7p ET
- CHI v. DET – 7:30p ET
- CLB v. DAL – 8:30p ET