NHL News and Notes from Friday, May 19th, 2023
- The Toronto Maple Leafs announced that they are parting ways with General Manager Kyle Dubas.
- Dubas had spent the last five seasons with the Leafs as their general manager, and was also an assistant GM with the Leafs prior to that.
- Dubas’ contract will expire on June 30th.
- The Boston Pride announced that they have signed forward Gabrielle David.
- David signed a one year deal.
- The Metropolitan Riveters announced the signings for two players.
- The Riveters re-signed forwards Sarah Bujold and Fanni Gasparics.
- Both signed one year deals.
- Dallas Stars v. Vegas Golden Knights – 830p ET – Game 1
- In Vegas the Golden Knights would look to make it back to the Stanley Cup Final as they host the Dallas Stars in a rematch of the 2020 Western Conference Final, and in the first period Jason Robertson would strike to give the Stars the 1-0 lead. In the second period William Karlsson would score to tie the game at one for the Knights. Then in the third period Karlsson would net his second of the game and Teddy Blueger would score for the Knights, but goals from Roope Hintz and Jamie Benn would tie the game at three for the Stars to force overtime. However, unlike Thursday night in Carolina, Brett Howden would score 95 seconds into overtime to give the Golden Knights the 4-3 victory over the Stars for the 1-0 series lead.
- FLA v. CAR – 8p ET – Game 2
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Panthers outlast Hurricanes in 6th-longest NHL game ever: Bananas, dad jokes and glove saves (The Athletic – $)
- NHL Sun Belt teams in spotlight, making history in conference finals (Color of Hockey)
- Rival NHL GMs weigh in on Kyle Dubas after his Maple Leafs exit (The Athletic – $)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Shanahan Shocker (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.