NHL News and Notes from Saturday, May 6th, 2023
- The New York Rangers announced that they have part ways with head coach Gerard Gallant.
- Gallant was with the Rangers for two seasons, and took them to the playoffs both seasons.
- The Montreal Force announced that they have signed four players.
- The Force signed Audrey-Anne Veillette and Rosalie Begin-Cyr.
- The Force would also re-sign Jade Downie-Landry and Brigitte Laganiere.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Vegas Golden Knights – 7p ET – Game 2
- Back in Vegas for Game 2 of their second round series the Golden Knights would look to grow their series lead to two over the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Leon Draisaitl would net his 12th of the playoffs 2:21 into the game while on the powerplay to give the Oilers the 1-0 lead, and then goals from Evan Bouchard, Connor McDavid, and Draisaitl’s second of the period would grow the Oilers lead to four. In the second period McDavid would net his second of the game to give the Oilers the five goal lead. Then in a feisty third period Ivan Barbashev would score for the Knights, but the Oilers would hold on to defeat the Golden Knights 5-1 and even the series at one game a piece.
- CAR v. NJ – 330p ET – Game 3
- TOR v. FLA – 630p ET – Game 3
- DAL v. SEA – 930p ET – Game 3
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.