NHL News and Notes from Sunday, April 9th, 2023
- The Toronto Maple Leafs signed forward Matthew Knies.
- Knies would sign a three year entry level contract.
- With Boston’s 5-3 victory over Philadelphia, they would set the new record for most wins in a season with 63.
- Boston Bruins v. Philadelphia Flyers – 6p ET
- In Philadelphia the Boston Bruins would look to become the first team to get win number 63 in NHL history as they take on the Flyers, and in the first period both teams would trade tallies as Charlie Coyle would strike to open the scoring for the B’s while Wade Allison would score for the Flyers to tie the game at one. In the second period David Pastrnak would score a pair of goals for the B’s to take the 3-1 lead, but Joel Farabee would score to get the Flyers back within one. Then in the third period Pastrnak would score to complete the hat trick for his 60th goal of the season and give the B’s the 4-2 lead, but Owen Tippett would score to get the Flyers back within one. However, Pavel Zacha would score to give the Bruins the 5-3 victory over the Flyers and set the record for most wins in a season with 63.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Anaheim Ducks – 830p ET
- In Anaheim the Colorado Avalanche would complete their Hollywood trip with a battle against the Ducks, and in the first period JT Compher would score to give the Avs the 1-0 lead. In the second period Mikko Rantanen would score to grow the Avs lead to two, but goals from Frank Vatrano and Adam Henrique would tie the game at two for the Ducks. Then in the third period Vatrano would net his second of the game and Brett Leason would score to give the Ducks the 4-2 lead, but Rantanen’s second of the game and a tally from Nathan MacKinnon would tie the game at four and force overtime for the Avs. In the extra frame MacKinnon would net his second of the game to give the Avalanche the 5-4 overtime victory over the Ducks.
- SJ v. WIN – 7p ET
- BUF v. NYR – 7p ET
- CAR v. OTT – 7p ET
- NYI v. WAS – 7p ET
- TOR v. FLA – 7p ET
- DAL v. DET – 7p ET
- MIN v. CHI – 9p ET
- NAS v. CAL – 930p ET
- SEA v. ARI – 10p ET
- VAN v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Capitals May Not Have Much To Play For Right Now, But Tom Wilson Refuses To Not Show Up (The Hockey News)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.