NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, April 5th, 2023
- Calgary Flames v. Winnipeg Jets – 730p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would play host to the Calgary Flames in a pivotal game with a Wild Card spot on the line, and in the first period Kyle Connor would score to give the Jets the 1-0 lead. In the second period Andrew Mangiapane would score to tie the game at one for the Flames. Then in the third period Walker Duehr and Nikita Zadorov would score to give the Flames the 3-1 victory over the Jets.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. New York Rangers – 730p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would go to battle the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Alex Killorn would score for the Bolts, but goals from Chris Kreider, Kaapo Kakko, and Tyler Motte would give the Rangers the 3-1 lead. In the second period Darren Raddysh and Brandon Hagel would score for the Bolts, but Motte’s second of the game would give the Rangers the 4-3 lead. Then in the third period Kreider would net his second of the game and Artemi Panarin would strike to give the Rangers the 6-3 victory over the Lightning.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would go to battle with the Edmonton Oilers, and after a scoreless first period Klim Kostin and Nick Bjugstad would score to give the Oilers the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Troy Terry would score to get the Ducks on the board, but Zach Hyman would score in the final minutes of regulation to give the Oilers the 3-1 victory over the Ducks.
- CLB v. NJ – 7p ET
- MIN v. PIT – 7p ET
- OTT v. FLA – 7p ET
- TOR v. BOS – 7p ET
- WAS v. MON – 7p ET
- BUF v. DET – 7p ET
- TB v. NYI – 730p ET
- CAR v. NAS – 8p ET
- NYR v. STL – 8p ET
- PHI v. DAL – 830p ET
- CHI v. VAN – 10p ET
- LA v. VGK – 10p ET
- ARI v. SEA – 1030p ET
- COL v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Kuznetsov Reveals Moment He Knew Capitals Wouldn’t Make Playoffs (The Hockey News)
- The Story Of Charlie Lindgren’s Mustache & Impression On Capitals (The Hockey News)
- Jets show hockey truly is for everyone (Winnipeg Free Press)
- Coyotes development firm files $2.3-billion claim against City of Phoenix (PHNX)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.