NHL News and Notes from Monday, April 3rd, 2023
- The Montreal Canadiens announced that forward Sean Monahan had surgery.
- Monahan had season ending groin surgery.
- The NHL announced that Tampa Bay Lightning Goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy has been named First Star of the Week.
- Leon Draisaitl (EDM) and David Pastrnak (BOS) would round out the rest of the Three Stars.
- NHL Stars of the Week – Vasilevskiy’s Near Perfect Week Earns Top Honors
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In Minnesota, the Wild host the Golden Knights and in the first Vegas takes the 1-0 lead with Keegan Kolesar’s eighth of the year. In the second, Minnesota ties it up with Brandon Duhaime’s ninth of the year and then the Wild takes the lead when John Klingberg scores his 10th of the year. Vegas then goes on to tie the contest when Pavel Dorofeyev scores his sixth but then Minnesota re-takes the lead with Matt Boldy’s 30th of the year. In the third, Dorofeyev gets his second of the night to even the score at 3-3. After a scoreless overtime, Reilly Smith scores the game winner in the shootout as the Golden Knights get the 4-3 win over the Wild.
- Nashville Predators v. Dallas Stars – 830p ET
- In Dallas, the Stars welcome the Predators back to the Lone Star State and in the first Dallas takes the 1-0 lead with Roope Hintz’s 35th of the year. In the second, Colin Miller nets his fifth and then Joe Pavelski scores his 25th to put the Stars up 3-0. In the third, Jason Robertson scores his 43rd and then Tyler Seguin gets his 20th as Dallas goes up 5-0. Nashville finally gets on the board with Cal Foote’s second of the year but the Stars fly by with the 5-1 win over the Predators.
- With the Dallas win over Nashville, the Stars clinched their spot in the 2023 Stanley Cup playoffs.
- Also, with Minnesota earning a point in their shootout loss to Vegas, the Wild have also clinched their spot in the 2023 Stanley Cup playoffs
- Arizona Coyotes v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle, the Kraken welcome the Coyotes back to the Pacific Northwest and in the first Seattle gets a pair when Jordan Eberle gets his 17th and then Jared McCann nets his 36th. In the second, Arizona gets on the board with Lawson Crouse’s 23rd of the year but then Seattle gets a pair when Carson Soucy scores his third and Jared McCann nets his 37th to make it a 4-1 Seattle lead. In the third, Will Borgen scores his third, Oliver Bjorkstrand gets his 19th, Morgan Geekie nets his eighth, and Ryan Donato strikes with his 14th as the Kraken crush the Coyotes for the 8-1 win.
- BUF v. FLA – 7p ET
- CLB v. TOR – 7p ET
- DET v. MON – 7p ET
- OTT v. CAR – 7p ET
- PIT v. NJ – 7p ET
- PHI v. STL – 8p ET
- VGK v. NAS – 8p ET
- CHI v. CAL – 9p ET
- SEA v. VAN – 10p ET
- EDM v. LA – 1030p ET
- COL v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Kwong gaining support for Hall of Fame induction (Color of Hockey)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: It’s Just a Flesh Wound (SportsNet)
- Focusing on the Positives of Pride and Hockey (The Hockey News)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.