NHL News and Notes from Friday, March 31st, 2023
- The NHL, along with the NHLPA and NHL Alumni Association, announced that they will be doing a joint donation of $100,000 to the Borje Salming ALS Foundation.
- New York Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would play host to the New York Rangers, and in the first period JJ Peterka would score to give the Sabres the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jordan Greenway would score to grow the Sabres lead to two, but Kaapo Kakko would strike to get the Rangers on the board and back within one. Then in the third period Adam Fox would score to tie the game at two for the Rangers to force overtime. In the extra frame Jeff Skinner would score to give the Sabres the 3-2 overtime victory over the Rangers.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would rock their Heritage Blues as they take on the Detroit Red Wings, and in the first period Kyle Connor, Blake Wheeler, and Mark Scheifele would score to give the Jets the commanding 3-0 lead. In the second period Dylan DeMelo and Nino Niederreiter would score to grow the Jets lead to five. Then in the third period David Perron would score end the Jets shutout bid and Joe Veleno would score for the Wings, but Nikolaj Ehlers would score to give the Jets the 6-2 victory over the Red Wings.
- Calgary Flames v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- It would be Pride Night in Vancouver as the Canucks would play host to the Calgary Flames, and in the first period Conor Garland would open the scoring for the Canucks to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Elias Pettersson would score to grow the Canucks lead to two, but Tyler Toffoli would strike to get the Flames back within one and Blake Coleman would score to tie the game at two. However, Aidan McDonough would score his first career NHL goal and Anthony Beauvillier would score for the Canucks, but Troy Stetcher would strike for the Flames to keep them within one. Then in the third period Jonathan Huberdeau would score to tie the game at four for the Flames to force overtime. In the extra frame Toffoli would net his second of the game to give the Flames the 5-4 victory over the Canucks.
- Dallas Stars v. Arizona Coyotes – 1030p ET
- In Arizona the Dallas Stars would come to town to faceoff with the Coyotes, and in the first period Joe Pavelski would open the scoring for the Stars, but Jusso Valimaki and Connor Mackey would score for the Yotes to take the 2-1 lead. In the second period Roope Hintz would score to tie the game at two and Jason Robertson would score for the Stars to take the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Jamie Benn and Max Domi would score to give the Stars the 5-2 victory over the Coyotes.
- STL v. NAS – 1p ET
- BOS v. PIT – 3p ET
- BUF v. PHI – 7p ET
- CAR v. MON – 7p ET
- FLA v. CLB – 7p ET
- NYI v. TB – 7p ET
- TOR v. OTT – 7p ET
- NJ v. CHI – 8p ET
- DAL v. COL – 9p ET
- LA v. SEA – 10p ET
- MIN v. VGK – 10p ET
- SJ v. ARI – 10p ET
- ANA v. EDM – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Blog: What we learned about new NHLPA Executive Director Marty Walsh (SportsNet)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Dinner Date (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.