NHL News and Notes from Sunday, March 26th, 2023
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has suspended Los Angeles Kings F Blake Lizotte has been suspended for one game for Cross-checking Winnipeg Jets D Josh Morrissey.
- Lizotte will forfeit $9,054.05 and the forfeited money goes to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Arizona Coyotes – 3p ET
- In the Desert, the Coyotes host the Avalanche and after a scoreless first Colorado gets a pair of goals when Mikko Rantanen nets his 48th and then Bowen Byram nets his eighth. In the third, Arizona ties it up when Matias Maccelli scores his eighth and then Christian Fischer’s 12th of the year ties the game but then Valeri Nichushkin scores his 15th to put the Avs up 3-2. Then, Clayton Keller scores his 36th to tie the game for the Coyotes. After a scoreless overtime, Valeri Nichushkin scores the game winner in the 14th shot in the shootout to give the Avalanche the 4-3 win over the Coyotes.
- Boston Bruins v. Carolina Hurricanes – 5p ET
- In Raleigh for Whalers Night, the Hurricanes throwback to the Hartford days as they take on the Bruins and in the first Boston takes the 1-0 lead when David Pastrnak nets his 50th of the year. In the second, Carolina gets on the board when Jack Drury scores his second but then Pastrnak scores his second of the game to put the B’s back up a goal. Then, Jakub Lauko scores his fourth to put Boston up 3-1. In the third, the Canes get a pair when Brady Skjei nets his 16th and then Sebastian Aho scores his 33rd to tie the game. Aftter a scoreless overtime, Jake DeBrusk scores the game winner in the shootout as the Bruins get the 4-3 win over the Hurricanes.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Nashville Predators – 6p ET
- In Nashville, the Predators host the Maple Leafs and in the first Toronto takes the 1-0 lead with John Tavares’ 31st of the year. In the second, Alexander Kerfoot scores his ninth to put the Leafs up 2-0. In the third, Cody Glass scores his 11th to put the Predators on the board but then Tavares scores his second of the game to put Toronto back up two. Tyson Barrie then scores his 13th of the year for Nashville but the Maple Leafs escape with the 3-2 win over the Predators.
- Vancouver Canucks v. Chicago Blackhawks – 6p ET
- In the Windy City, the Blackhawks host the Canucks and in the first Chicago takes the 1-0 lead when Connor Murphy scores his sixth. In the second, Vancouver gets on the board when Phillip Di Giuseppe scores his sixth. In the third, Vancouver takes the 3-1 lead when Elias Pettersson nets a pair but then Chicago comes within a goal when Lukas Reichel nets his fifth. Then, Brock Boeser nets the game winner, his 15th of the year, as the Canucks get the 4-2 win over the Blackhawks.
- St. Louis Blues v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- In Los Angeles, the Kings host the Blues and in the first the Kings get a trio of goals when Viktor Arvidsson scores his 23rd, Alex Iafallo nets his 12th, and Adrian Kempe scores his 35th. Brandon Saad’s 1uth of the year gets St. Louis on the board but then the Kings respond when Arvidsson scores his second of the night and then Trevor Moore gets his ninth as L.A. takes the 5-1 lead. In the second, St. Louis lights the lamp three times when Justin Faulk scores his ninth, Pavel Puchnevich gets his 24th, and then Jordan Kyrou scores his 32nd to bring the Blues within a goal. In the third, Adrian Kempe lights the lamp for his second of the night to put the Kings back up two but then St. Louis cimes within a goal when Kasperi Kapanen gets his 14th, however L.A. gets back up two when Drew Doughty nets his eighth of the year. Jordan Kyrou then gets his second of the night but the St. Louis comeback cannot be completed as the Kings escape with the 7-6 win over the Blues.
- FLA v. OTT – 7p ET
- MON v. BUF – 7p ET
- NJ v. NYI – 730p ET
- SEA v. MIN – 8p ET
- COL v. ANA – 10p ET
- EDM v. ARI – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.