NHL News and Notes from Saturday, March 25th, 2023
- Detroit Red Wings v. Philadelphia Flyers – 1p ET
- In the City of Brotherly Love, the Flyers welcome the Red Wings and after a scoreless first, Philadelphia gets a pair when Kieffer Bellows scores his third and Scott Laughton scores his 18th. In the third, Tyson Foerster nets his third of the year as the Flyers shutout the Red Wings for the 3-0 win.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Boston Bruins – 1p ET
- In Beantown, the Bruins host the Lightning and in the first Boston takes the 1-0 lead when Patrice Bergeron scores his 27th but then Victor Hedman scores his eighth to tie the game. In the second, Garnet Hathaway scores his 12th of the year as the Bruins get the 2-1 win over the Lightning.
- Seattle Kraken v. Nashville Predators – 2p ET
- In the Music City, the Predators host the Kraken and in the first Seattle gets a pair when Daniel Sprong scores his 19th and then Eeli Tolvanen nets his 16th. In the second, Nashville gets on the board when Tyson Barrie scores his 12th but then Tolvanen nets his second to put Seattle back up two. In the third, Nashville comes within a goal when Matt Duchene nets his 22nd but then Adam Larsson’s seventh gives Seattle the 4-2 lead. Then, Matty Beniers scores his 20th and Jared McCann scores his 35th to put Seattle up 6-2. Then, Oliver Bjorkstrand scores his 17th as the Kraken down the Predators 7-2.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Los Angeles Kings* – 4p ET
- In Tinseltown, the Kings welcome the Jets back to Los Angeles and in the first Viktor Arvidsson’s 21st puts Los Angeles up 1-0. In the second, Alex Iafallo’s 11th puts the Kings up 2-0 but then Winnipeg gets on the board when Pierre-Luc Dubois scores his 25th. In the third, Drew Doughty scores his seventh and then Arvidsson scores his second of the game to give the Kings the 4-1 win over the Jets.
- San Jose Sharks v. Calgary Flames – 4p ET
- In the Saddledome, the Flames welcome the Sharks back to Calgary and in the first Calgary scores a pair when MacKenzie Weegar nets his fourth and then Tyler Toffoli scores his 30th but then Logan Couture scores his 25th to get the Sharks on the board. In the second, the Sharks get a pair to take the lead when Nico Sturm nets his 14th and then Martin Kaut scores his third but then Walker Duehr scores his fifth to make this a 3-3 game. In the third, Nazem Kadri scores his 23rd to put Calgary up 4-3 and then Tyler Toffoli’s second of the game gives the Flames the 5-3 win over the Sharks.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Minnesota Wild – 5p ET
- In the State of Hockey, the Wild host the Blackhawks and after a scoreless first, the Wild take the 1-0 lead when Ryan Reaves scores his fifth. In the third, Chicago ties it up when Lukas Reichel nets his fourth but then Ryan Hartman’s 13th of the year puts Minnesota up 2-1. Then, Frederick Gaudreau’s 14th of the year gives the Wild the 3-1 win over the Blackhawks.
- New York Rangers v. Florida Panthers – 5p ET
- In Florida, the Panthers host the Rangers and in the first Aleksander Barkov scores his 19th and then Ryan Lomberg nets his 11th as the Panthers take the 2-0 lead. In the second, the Rangers even it up when Kaapo Kakko nets his 14th and then Alexis Lafrenière scores his 15th. In the third, Patrick Kane scores his 20th to put the Blueshirts up a goal and then Filip Chytil nets his 21st to put New York up two. Then, Aleksander Barkov scores his second of the contest but the Rangers squeak by the Panthers with the 4-3 win.
- Buffalo Sabres v. New York Islanders – 5p ET
- In Long Island, the Islanders host the Sabres and after a scoreless first and second Kyle Okposo nets his 10th to put Buffalo up 1-0 and then Jeff Skinner closes the game with his 31st of the year as the Sabres shutout the Islanders 2-0.
- Vancouver Canucks v. Dallas Stars – 7p ET
- In the Lone Star State, the Stars welcome the Canucks back to Dallas and in the first Ryan Suter’s third of the year puts the Stars up 1-0 but then Dakota Joshua’s 11th ties the game for the Canucks. In the second, Brock Boeser’s 14th puts Vancouver up 2-1 and then Jack Rathbone’s first of the year ends up giving the Canucks the 3-1 win over the Stars.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal, the Canadiens host the Blue Jackets and in the first Columbus takes the 1-0 lead when Lane Pederson scores his third but then Montreal gets a pair when Mike Hoffman scores his 13th and then Jesse Ylonen scores his sixth. Then, Kirill Marchenko’s 19th ties the game for Columbus. In the second, Rafael Harvey-Pinard scores a pair to put the Habs up two and then Brendan Gallagher’s fifth gives the Habs the 5-2 lead. Harvey-Pinard then completes the hat trick as the Canadiens take the 6-2 lead. In the third, Alex Belzile’s fifth puts Montreal up five and then Nick Suzuki closes the game out with his 23rd of the year as the Canadiens crush the Blue Jackets for the 8-2 win.
- Ottawa Senators v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey, the Devils host the Senators and in the first Ottawa takes the 1-0 lead when Brady Tkachuk nets his 33rd but then Jack Hughes scores his 40th as the Devs tie it up. In the second, New Jersey scores a pair when Jesper Bratt gets his 31st and Dawson Mercer gets his 23rd but then Ottawa responds with two goals of their own when Thomas Chabot scores his 11th and then Mark Kastelic gets his fifth. In the third, New Jersey takes the 4-3 lead when Dougie Hamilton scores his 19th and then Tomas Tatar seals the win when her gets his 17th as the Devils get the 5-3 win over the Senators.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- In Raleigh, the Hurricanes host the Maple Leafs and in the first Carolina gets a pair when Brent Burns scores his 13th and then Jordan Staal scores his 17th to put the Canes up 2-0. In the second, Toronto ties it up when Calle Jarnkrok nets his 18th and then Auston Matthews gets his 35th. In the third, Stefan Noesen nets his 12th to put the Canes back up a goal but then the Leafs tie it up with Matthews gets his second of the night. Then, Sebastian Aho scores his 32nd to put Carolina up 4-3 and then Teuvo Teravainen’s 12th of the year gives the Hurricanes the 5-3 win over the Maple Leafs.
- Washington Capitals v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 8p ET
- In the Steel City, the Penguins host the Capitals as the re-new their long-time rivalry. After a scoreless first, Pittsburgh gets a pair when Ryan Poehling gets his sixth of the year and then Chad Ruhwedel scores his first of the year. In the third, Jake Guentzel nets his 32nd as the Pens take the 3-0 lead but then the Capitals get three goals when Tom Wilson scores his ninth, Alex Ovechkin gets his 42nd, and then Dylan Strome gets his 18th. Late in the period, Evgeni Malkin scores his 25th as the Penguins defeat the Capitals 4-3.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Edmonton Oilers – 10p ET
- In Edmonton, the Oilers host the Golden Knights and in the first Vegas takes the 1-0 lead when Jack Eichel nets his 27th but then the Oilers tie it up with Zach Hyman’s 31st. Pavel Dorofeyev’s fifth of the year then puts Vegas back up a goal. In the second, Leon Draisaitl nets his 45th to tie it up for the Oilers. In the third, Jonathan Marchessault’s 24th puts Vegas back up a goal but then Warren Foegele’s 13th ties it up for Edmonton. In overtime, Nicolas Roy nets his 13th as the Golden Knights get the 4-3 win over the Oilers.
- St. Louis Blues v. Anaheim Ducks – 1030p ET
- In the final contest of the night in Anaheim, the Ducks host the Blues and in the first Troy Terry scores his 21st to give Anaheim the 1-0 but then Jakub Vrana gets his seventh to tie the game for the Blues. Nikita Nesterenko’s first of the year puts the Ducks back up a goal but then Sammy Blais’s eighth ties the game for the Blues and then Brayden Schenn nets his 20th to put St. Louis up 3-2. In the second, Schenn gets his second of the game and then Kasperi Kapanen’s 12th put St. Louis up 5-2. In the third, Kapanen gets his second of the night but then Ryan Strome gets his 14th of the year. However, the Blues will go on to defeat the Ducks and get the 6-3 win.
- COL v. ARI – 3p ET
- BOS v. CAR – 5p ET
- TOR v. NAS – 6p ET
- VAN v. CHI – 6p ET
- STL v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts: As Senators bidding process continues, some groups know they’ve got to go higher – Sportsnet
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.