NHL News and Notes from Monday, February 13th, 2023
- The NHL announced that New York Rangers forward Artemi Panarin has been named First Star of the Week.
- Erik Karlsson (SJ and Clayton Keller (ARI) would round out the rest of the Three Stars.
- NHL Stars of the Week – Panarin Thrills for Top Honors
- Calgary Flames v. Ottawa Senators – 730p ET
- In the Canadian Nation’s Capital, the Senators play host to the Flames. In the first, Brady Tkachuk scores his 21st to put Ottawa up 1-0 but then Dillon Dube nets his 14th on a Calgary power play to even the score. In the second, Tyler Toffoli nets his 22nd to put the Flames up 2-1. In the third, Dillon Dube nets his second of the night to put Calgary up two but then Ottawa answers with a pair of goals when Drake Batherson nets his 16th of the year and then Alex DeBrincat nets his 18th to make this a tie contest. In overtime, Tim Stützle scores the game winner, his 23rd goal of the year, as the Senators finish the comeback and defeat the Flames 4-3.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- In Nashville, the Predators host the Coyotes and in the first Arizona gets on the board when Nick Schmaltz scores his 14th of the year. In the second, Nashville gets on the board with a power play goal from Roman Josi, his 13th of the year, and then the Preds take the lead when Colton Sissons scores his eighth of the year. Arizona then ties it up with Lawson Crouse’s 18th of the year. In the third, Crouse nets his second of the game as the ‘Yotes re-take the lead and then Christian Fischer closes the game with his ninth of the year as the Coyotes double up the Predators 4-2.
- Florida Panthers v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In the Land of 10,000 lakes. the Panthers visit the Wild for the lone time on the season. After a scoreless first, Eetu Luostarinen scores his 12th of the year to put Florida up 1-0 but then Kirill Kaprizov’s 30th of the year ties the game for Minnesota. After a scoreless third and overtime period, Aleksander Barkov’s winner gives the Panthers the 2-1 win over the Wild.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Western Canada, the Canucks welcome the Red Wings to Vancouver. In the first period Dylan Larkin scores a pair of goals to put Detroit up 2-0. In the second, the Canucks get on the board when Sheldon Dries scores his seventh of the year but then Robby Fabbri puts Detroit back up by two. In the third, Gustav Lindstrom scores his first of the year to put the Red Wings up three and then Pius Suter nets his seventh to make this a 5-1 Detroit lead. Jonatan Berggren scores his 11th of the year as the Red Wings get the 6-1 win over Canucks
- Buffalo Sabres v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- In Tinseltown, the Kings welcome the Sabres. After a scoreless first, Los Angeles nets four goals in the second when Adrian Kempe scores his 27th, Arthur Kaliyev nets his 10th, Sean Walker strikes with his third, and then Matt Roy scores his seventh. In the third, Viktor Arvidsson scores his 14th to give the Kings the 5-0 lead but then Buffalo gets on the board when Dylan Cozens scores his 18th of the year. Then, Peyto Krebs nets his seventh of the year but the Kings get the 5-2 win over the Sabres.
- CAR v. WAS – 7p ET
- CHI v. MON – 7p ET
- NJ v. CLB – 730p ET
- OTT v. NYI – 730p ET
- FLA v. STL – 8p ET
- SEA v. WIN – 8p ET
- BOS v. DAL – 830p ET
- TB v. COL – 9p ET
- PIT v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 10-year-old deaf player star on, off ice (Color of Hockey)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Drama in the Desert (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.