NHL News and Notes from Sunday, January 29th, 2023
- Boston Bruins v. Carolina Hurricanes – 5p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would take on the Boston Bruins, and in the first period Sebastian Aho would score to give the Canes the 1-0 lead. In the second period Paul Stastny would score to grow the Canes lead to two. Then in the third period Pavel Zacha would score for the B’s, but goals from Seth Jarvis and Jordan Staal would give the Hurricanes the 4-1 victory over the Bruins.
- Washington Capitals v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 5p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would play host to the Washington Capitals, and in the first period Nicklas Backstrom would strike on the powerplay for his first goal of the season to give the Caps the 1-0 lead. In the second period Michael Bunting would strike on the powerplay to tie the game at one for the Leafs, and then Morgan Rielly, William Nylander, and Pierre Engvall would score to give the Leafs the three goal lead. Then in the third period Zach Aston-Reese would score to give the Maple Leafs the 5-1 victory over the Capitals.
- STL v. WIN – 8p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Oilers give a third-string university goalie the experience of his lifetime (The Athletic – $)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.