NHL News and Notes from Monday, January 9th, 2023
- The NHL announced that Boston Bruins forward David Pastrnak has been named First Star of the Week.
- Jack Hughes (NJ) and Rasmus Dahlin (BUF) would round out the rest of the Three Stars.
- NHL Stars of the Week – Pastrnak Feeds the Net for Top Honors
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Western New York, the Sabres host the Flyers. In the first, Philadelphia gets a trio of goals when Zach MacEwen nets his fourth, Joel Farabee nets his ninth, and then Noah Cates scores his fifth of the year to give Philly the 3-0 lead. In the third, Wade Allison scores his fifth of the year as the Flyers go on to shutout the Sabres with the 4-0 win.
- Nashville Predators v. Ottawa Senators – 730p ET
- In Ottawa, the Predators visit the Senators. In the first, Roman Josi nets his 10th and Jeremy Lauzon scores his second to give the Preds the 2-0 lead. In the third, Filip Forsberg scores his 16th of the year as the Predators shutout the Senators 3-0.
- Seattle Kraken v. Montreal Canadiens – 730p ET
- In Montreal, the Kraken make the cross country trip North of the Border to take on the Canadiens. In the first, Eeli Tolvanen nets his fifth, Daniel Sprong nets his 13th on the power play, and Vince Dunn nets his seventh as Seattle takes the 3-0 lead. In the third, Matty Berniers scores on the empty net, his 15th goal of the year, as the Kraken get the 4-0 shutout win over the Canadiens.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- In Tinseltown, Los Angeles hosts Edmonton in a Western Conference match-up. In the first, Los Angeles gets a pair of goals from Kevin Fiala to take the 2-0 lead but then Edmonton gets on the board when Kailer Yamamoto nets his fourth of the year. In the second period, Adrian Kempe nets a pair of goals to put the Kings up 4-1 but then Ryan McLeod scores his fourth to cut the L.A. lead to two. In the third, Alex Iafallo nets his seventh of the year to put the Kings up three but then Connor McDavid’s 34th of the year cuts the Kings lead to two once again. Viktor Arvidsson’s 12th of the year lifts the Kings to the 6-3 win over the Oilers.
- CLB v. TB – 7p ET
- MIN v. NYR – 7p ET
- NJ v. CAR – 7p ET
- SEA v. BUF – 7p ET
- VAN v. PIT – 7p ET
- WIN v. DET – 7p ET
- DAL v. NYI – 730p ET
- CAL v. STL – 8p ET
- SJ v. ARI – 9p ET
- FLA v. COL – 930p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Hamilton takes stand, inspires change at Flyers arena (Color of Hockey)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: What’s Up With… (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.