NHL News and Notes from Friday, December 16th, 2022
- The NHL and NHLPA announced that Detroit Red Wings forward Jakub Vrana has been reinstated by the NHL/NHLPA Player Assistance Program.
- Vrana is now in the follow-up care phase of the program.
- Vrana’s care continues to be administered pursuant to the player assistance program.
- The NHL has announced that they have fined Dallas Stars forward Mason Marchment.
- Marchment has been fined $2,000 for Diving/Embellishment under NHL Rule 64.
- Marchment was issued a Warning following an incident that took place on Nov. 26th against Colorado, and then was hit with his second citation for an incident that took place on Dec. 8th against Ottawa.
- The second citation triggered the fine as per NHL Rule 64.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would rock their Reverse Retro jerseys as they would play host to the Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period Mats Zuccarello would strike to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. In the second period Kirill Kaprizov would score and Zuccarello would net his second of the game to give the Wild the 3-0 lead. Then in the third period Jonathan Toews would score to get eh Blackhawks on the board, but Zuccarello would score to complete the hat trick to give the Wild the 4-1 victory over the Blackhawks.
- St. Louis Blues v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would unleash Blasty as they would take on the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Ivan Barbashev would open the scoring for the Blues, but Connor Mackey would score for the Flames to tie the game at one. In the second period Jordan Kyrou would score to give the Blues the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Mackey would net his second of the game, but Pavel Buchnevich and Brandon Saad would score and Kyrou would net his second of the game for the Blues to take the 5-2 victory over the Flames.
- New York Islanders v. Arizona Coyotes – 930p ET
- In Arizona the Coyotes would take on the New York Islanders, and in the first period Sebastian Aho and Mathew Barzal would score to give the Isles the 2-0 lead, but in the final minute of the period Shayne Gostisbehere would score to get the Yotes on the board and back within one. In the second period Clayton Keller and Nick Bjugstad would score to give the yotes the 3-2 lead, but Noah Dobson would score to tie the game at three for the Isles. Then in the third period Anthony Beauvillier would strike for the Isles, but Travis Boyd would score and Keller would net his second of the game to give the Coyotes the 5-4 victory over the Islanders.
- CLB v. BOS – 1p ET
- OTT v. DET – 1p ET
- ANA v. EDM – 4p ET
- DAL v. CAR – 7p ET
- NYR v. PHI – 7p ET
- TB v. MON – 7p ET
- TOR v. WAS – 7p ET
- FLA v. NJ – 730p ET
- BUF v. ARI – 9p ET
- NAS v. COL – 9p ET
- NYI v. VGK – 10p ET
- WIN v. VAN – 10p ET
- SJ v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Bo Horvat’s trade cost, Oilers’ defense targets, more NHL rumblings (The Athletic – $)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Oettinger Understood the Assignment (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.