NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, December 13th, 2022
- The New Jersey Devils announced that they have assigned goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood to Utica of the AHL on a conditioning loan.
- The Winnipeg Jets would claim forward Karson Kuhlman off of waivers from Seattle.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would play host to the Anaheim Ducks, and in the first period Alexander Kerfoot and John Tavares would score to give the Leafs the 2-0 lead. In the second period TJ Brodie and Michael Bunting would score to grow the Leafs lead to four. Then in the third period Kerfoot’s second of the game and tallies from Pierre Engvall and Joey Anderson would give the Maple Leafs the 7-0 victory over the Ducks.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Florida Panthers – 7p ET
- In Florida the Panthers would take on the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Brandon Montour would score to give the Panthers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Matthew Tkachuk and Aleksander Barkov would both strike to grow the Panthers lead to three. Then in the third period Sam Reinhart would score to give the Panthers the 4-0 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Dallas Stars v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would take on the Dallas Stars, and after a scoreless first period Miles Wood would score for the Devils, but goals from Ty Dellandrea and Roope Hintz would give the Stars the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Esa Lindell and Mason Marchment would score to give the Stars the 4-1 victory over the Devils.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would unleash the Goathead against the Los Angeles Kings, and after a scoreless forty minutes of hockey the Sabres would explode for six goals as Tage Thompson would net a pair of goals while Victor Olofsson, JJ Peterka, Alex Tuch, and Peyton Krebs would score give the Sabres the 6-0 victory over the Kings.
- New York Islanders v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the New York Islanders would come to town to take on the Bruins, and in the first period Josh Bailey would score for the Isles, but a pair of goals from Jake DeBrusk would give the B’s the 2-1 lead. In the second period both teams would trade tallies as Noah Dobson would score for the Isles and Derek Forbort would score for the B’s to keep the one goal lead. Then in the third period Casey Cizikas would score to tie the game at three for the Isles. After a scoreless five minutes of extra hockey it would be David Pastrnak in the shootout to give the Bruins the 4-3 victory over the Islanders.
- Seattle Kraken v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would take on the Seattle Kraken, and in the first period Jared McCann would score for the Kraken, but goals from Ian Cole and Erik Cernak would score to give the Bolts the 2-1 lead. In the second period Corey Perry, Brayden Point, and Ross Colton would score to give the Bolts the 5-2 lead. Then in the third period Ryan Donato would score fort eh Kraken, but Steven Stamkos would strike to give the Lightning the 6-2 victory over the Kraken.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Detroit Red Wings – 7p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would play host to the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Brady Skjei would strike for the lone tally of the game as the Hurricanes would go on to defeat the Red Wings 1-0.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- In Nashville the Predators would play host to the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Cody Glass would score for the Preds, but a pair of goals from Zach Hyman and a tally from Leon Draisaitl would give the Oilers the 3-1 lead. In the second period both teams would trade a pair of goals while Ryan Johansen and Dante Fabbro would score for the Preds while Draisaitl would net his second of the game and Connor McDavid would score for the Oilers to keep their two goal lead. Then in the third period Zach Hyman would complete the hat trick as the Oilers would defeat the Predators 6-3.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would go to battle with the Vegas Golden Knights, and in the first period Mark Scheifele would score fort eh Jets, but goals from Daniil Miromanov and Mark Stone would give the Knights the 2-1 lead. In the second period Stone would net his second of the game for the Knights, but goals from Morgan Barron two more to complete the hat trick for the Jets, but a pair of goals from Jonathan Marchessault and a tally from William Karlsson would give the Golden Knights the 6-5 victory over the Jets.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- In Colorado the Avalanche would take on the Philadelphia Flyers, and in the first period Cam York would score to give the Flyers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Devon Toews and Artturi Lehkonen would score to give the Avs the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period JT Compher would score to give the Avs the 3-1 lead. Travis Konecny would score for the Flyers, but the Avalanche would hold on for the 3-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Washington Capitals v. Chicago Blackhawks – 9p ET
- In Chicago the Chase for 800 continues as Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals would come to town to take on the Blackhawks, and in the first period Ovechkin would net a pair of goals to bring him to 799, but Tyler Johnson would score for the Blackhawks to cut the Caps lead to one. In the second period Jonathan Toews would score for the Blackhawks, but goals from Trevor van Riemsdyk and Nic Dowd would give the Caps the 4-2 lead. Then in the third period Max Domi would score for the Blackhawks, but Ovechkin would complete the hat trick as he would net goal number 800 to become the third player to reach the milestone, and Anthony Mantha and Dmitry Orlov would score as the Capitals would go on to defeat the Blackhawks 7-3.
- Arizona Coyotes v. San Jose Sharks – 1030p ET
- In San Jose the Sharks would rock their Reverse Retro jerseys against the Arizona Coyotes, and in the first period Tomas Hertl and Nick Bonino would score to give the Sharks the 2-0 lead, but Lawson Crouse would score to get eh Yotes on the board and back within one. In the second period Nico Sturm would score too grow the Sharks lead to two. Then in the third period Nick Bjugstad would score for the Yotes, but it would not be enough as the Sharks would hold on to defeat the Coyotes 3-2.
- MON v. OTT – 7p ET
- DET v. MIN – 730p ET
- VAN v. CAL – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Bettman recognized for 30 years of service as NHL Commissioner (NHL.com)
- NHL play-in series for playoffs has traction, but not with Gary Bettman — yet (The Athletic – $)
- Insider Trading: Sens’ sale and salary cap all in discussion at BOG meetings (TSN)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.