NHL News and Notes from Monday, December 12th, 2022
- The NHL announced that Washington Capitals goalie Charlie Lindgren would take top honors for a perfect week.
- Tage Thompson (BUF) and William Nylander (TOR) round out the rest of the Three Stars.
- NHL Stars of the Week – Lindgren’s Perfect for Top Honors
- The Seattle Kraken have claimed forward Eeli Tolvanen from Nashville off of waivers.
- Calgary Flames v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal, the Canadiens host the Flames in a Canadian rivalry match-up. After a scoreless first, Jonathan Huberdeau scores a power play, his fifth of the year, in the second period to give the Flames the 1-0 lead. In the third, Josh Anderson nets his eighth of the year to tie the contest for Montreal. In the shootout, Kirby Dach scores the game winner as the Canadiens down the Flames 2-1.
- Dallas Stars v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In the Steel City, the Penguins host the Stars. In the first,. Dallas takes the 1-0 lead when Roope Hintz nets his 12th of the year just 19 seconds into the game but then Pierre-Olivier Joseph nets his first goal of the season to tie the game for the Pens. In the third, Evgeni Malkin’s ninth goal with 35 seconds left in the contest gives the Penguins the 2-1 win over the Stars.
- New Jersey Devils v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- In New York City, the Rangers host the Devils as they renew their rivalry. In the first period, New Jersey gets a pair of goals when Nico Hischier nets his 13th and then Dawson Mercer scores his eighth. New York gets on the board when Chris Kreider strkes for his 14th goal of the season. In the second, New Jersey re-gains the two goal advantage when Jack Hughes scores his 15th of the season but then the Blueshits get s pair of goals when Vincent Trocheck nets his 10th of the year on the power play and Kaapo Kakko scores his sixth of the year. In overtime, Filip Chytil’s sixth of the year gives the Rangers the 4-3 win over the Devils.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Ottawa Senators – 730p ET
- In the capital of Canada, the Senators host the Ducks for the lone time on the 2022-23 season. In the first, Ottawa gets a pair of goals when Parker Kelly scores his first of the season and then Alex DeBrincat scores a power play goal, his eighth goal of the season. In the third, DeBrincat scores his second power play goal of the contest as the Senators earn the 3-0 shutout win over the Ducks.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In the State of Hockey, the Wild play host to the Oilers. In the first, Minnesota takes the 1-0 lead when Matt Boldy nets his 11th of the year on the power play but then Edmonton evens the score when Zach Hyman nets a power play goal of his own. In the second, Frederick Gaudreau hits the game winner, his fifth goal of the year, as the the Wild defeat the Oilers 2-1.
- Nashville Predators v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis, the Blues host the Predators in a divisional match-up. Brayden Schenn scores the lone goal in overtime, his seventh of they year, as the Blues defeat the Predators 1-0.
- ANA v. TOR – 7p ET
- CLB v. FLA – 7p ET
- DAL v. NJ – 7p ET
- LA v. BUF – 7p ET
- NYI v. BOS – 7p ET
- SEA v. TB – 7p ET
- CAR v. DET – 7p ET
- EDM v. NAS – 8p ET
- VGK v. WIN – 8p ET
- PHI v. COL – 9p ET
- WAS v. CHI – 9p ET
- ARI v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Insider Trading: What will change with the salary cap next season? (TSN)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Who’s Taking Tolvanen? (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.