NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, December 6th, 2022
- Chicago Blackhawks v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would rock their alternate jerseys for the first time in over a month as they took on the Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period Dougie Hamilton would strike to give the Devils the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Nico Hischier and Jesper Bratt would score to give the Devils the 3-0 victory over the Blackhawks.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would host the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Johnny Gaudreau would score to give the Jackets the 1-0 lead. In the second period Bryan Rust would score to tie the game and Sidney Crosby would record a pair of goals to give the Pens the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Teddy Bleuger would score to give the Penguins the 4-1 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would play host to the Detroit Red Wings, and after a scoreless first period Michael Rasmussen would score to give the Wings the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Steven Stamkos and Brayden Point would score for the Bolts, but goals from Jontan Berggren, and Adam Erne, and David Perron would give the Red Wings the 4-2 victory over the Lightning.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Ottawa Senators – 7p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would look to dethrone the visiting Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period Drake Batherson would score for the Sens, but the Kings would get goals from Matt Roy and Mikey Anderson and a pair of goals from Viktor Arvidsson to take the 4-1 lead. In the second period Kevian Fiala would score to grow the Kings lead to four. Then in the third period Thomas Chabot would score for the Sens, but it would not be enough as the Kings would defeat the Senators 5-2.
- St. Louis Blues v. New York Islanders – 730p ET
- On Long Island the St. Louis Blues would come to town to take on the New York Islanders, and in the first period both teams would trade goals as Josh Leivo would score for the Blues while Noah Dobson would score for the Isles for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Ivan Barbashev and Ryan O’Reilly would score for the Blues to take the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Zach Parise, Hudson Faschling, and Jean-Gabriel Pageau would score for the Isles, but a pair of goals from Noel Acciari and tallies from Colton Parayko and Robert Thomas would give the Blues the 7-4 victory over the Islanders.
- Florida Panthers v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would take on the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Carter Verhaeghe would strike for the Panthers, but goals from Mark Scheifele and Kyle Connor would give the Jets the 2-1 lead. In the second period Connor and Scheifele would both strike again to grow the Jets lead to three. Then in the third period Zac Dalpe would score for the Panthers, but Adam Lowry would score to give the Jets the 5-2 victory over the Panthers.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Dallas Stars – 830p ET
- In Dallas the Toronto Maple Leafs would come to town to take on the Jason Robertson and the Stars, and in the first period John Tavares and Auston Matthews would score to give the Leafs the 2-0 lead. In the second period Rasmus Sandin would score to grow the Leafs lead to three. Then in the third period Alexander Kerfoot would score to give the Maple Leafs the 4-0 victory over the Stars.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Carolina Hurricanes would look to rain Ducks parade, and in the first period Brady Skjei would strike for the Canes, but goals from Adam Henrique and Max Comtois would give the Ducks the 2-1 lead. In the second period Sebastian Aho would score to tie it for the Canes, but Brett Leason would score to retake the lead for the Ducks. However, before the second period would end Jordan Staal would score to tie the game again fort he Canes. Then after a scoreless third period it would be Ryan Strome with the winner as the Ducks would go on to defeat the Hurricanes 4-3 in overtime.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would play host to the Montreal Canadiens, and in the first period we would see two guys score their first career NHL goals as Johnathan Kovacevic would score for the Habs and Shane Wright would strike for the Kraken for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Cole Caufield, Josh Anderson, and Rem Pitlick would score to give the Habs the 4-1 lead. Jared McCann would score for the Kraken late in the second period, but a scoreless third period would give the Canadiens the 4-2 victory over the Kraken.
- WAS v. PHI – 7p ET
- BUF v. CLB – 730p ET
- MIN v. CAL – 8p ET
- BOS v. COL – 9p ET
- ARI v. EDM – 930p ET
- NYR v. VGK – 10p ET
- VAN v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 25 years at Capital One Arena: How DC became a hockey town (NBC Sports Washington)
- Fitzhugh talks Kraken, radio play-by-play job in Q&A with NHL.com (Color of Hockey)
- Insider Trading: Oilers’ need for a top D-man intensifies; Boeser trade not easy to make (TSN)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.