NHL News and Notes from Sunday, December 4th, 2022
- Anaheim Ducks v. Winnipeg Jets – 3p ET
- In Winnipeg for some afternoon hockey the Jets would play host to the Anaheim Ducks, and in the first period Jakob Silfverberg would score to give the Ducks the 1-0 lead. In the second period Brett LEason would score to give the Ducks the 2-0 lead, but goals from Saku Maenalanen and Dylan Samberg would tie the game at two for the Jets. Then in the third period Morgan Barron, Mark Scheifele, and Nate Schmidt would score to give the Jets the 5-2 victory over the Ducks.
- Minnesota Wild v. Dallas Stars – 3p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would rock their Reverse Retro jerseys that pay homage to their first season in Dallas after moving from Minnesota as they host the Wild, and in the first period Kirill Kaprizov would score to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. In the second period Roope Hintz would score to tie the game at one for the Stars, but goals from Connor Dewar, Jake Middleton, and Jordan Greenway would give the Wild the 4-1 lead. Then in the third period Joel Eriksson Ek would score for the Wild, but Hintz would net a pair to complete the hat trick and Jason Robertson and Mason Marchment would both score to tie the game at five for the Stars to force overtime. After a scoreless five minutes of extra hockey it would be Frederick Gaudreau in the shootout to give the Wild the 6-5 victory over the Stars.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 6p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets would play host to the Detroit Red Wings, and in the first period Austin Czarnik and Dominik Kubalik would strike for the Wings to take the 2-0 lead. In the second period Marcus Bjork would score for the Jackets, but Lucas Raymond would score to keep the Wings ahead by two. Then in the third period Kent Johnson would score to get the Jackets within one, but Andrew Copp would score to give the Red Wings the 4-2 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- San Jose Sharks v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would play host to the San Jose Sharks as they rock their Goathead alternates, and in the first period Tage Thompson would score for the Sabres, but goals from Nick Bonino and Kevin Labanc would give the Sharks the 2-1 lead. In the second period JJ Peterka, Jeff Skinner, and Jack Quinn would score to give the Sabres the 4-2 lead. Then in the third period Oskar Lindblom would score his first career goal as a shark, but goals from Quinn and Alex Tuch would give the Sabres the 6-3 victory over the Sharks.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. New York Islanders – 730p ET
- On Long Island the Chicago Blackhawks would continue their New York road trip as they visited the Islanders, and after a scoreless first period Matt Martin, Zach Parise, and Brock Nelson would score to give the Islanders the 3-0 victory over the Blackhawks.
- COL v. PHI – 7p ET
- STL v. NYR – 7p ET
- VGK v. BOS – 7p ET
- WAS v. EDM – 830p ET
- ARI v. CAL – 9p ET
- MON v. VAN – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.