NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, November 29th, 2022
- The Dallas Stars announced that they have re-signed forward Roope Hintz.
- Hintz signed an eight year deal with an $8.45 million AAV.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would take on the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Sidney Crosby would score to give the Pens the 1-0 lead. In the second period Martin Necas and Andrei Svechnikov would score to give the Canes the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Jake Guentzel would strike late in regulation to tie the game at two for the Pens to force overtime, however, in the extra frame Brett Pesce would score to give the Hurricanes the 3-2 victory over the Penguins.
- San Jose Sharks v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal the San Jose Sharks would come to town to take on the Canadiens, and in the first period Matt Nieto would score to give the Sharks the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Tomas Hertl would score a pair of goals, and Logan Couture would score to give the Sharks the 4-0 victory over the Canadiens.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would rock the Pooh Bear as they host the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Taylor Hall would score to give the B’s the 1-0 lead. In the second period Steven Stamkos would score his 13th of the season to tie the game at one for the Bolts. Then in the third period Hall would net his second of the game and Brad Marchand would score to give the Bruins the 3-1 victory over the Lightning.
- New York Islanders v. Philadelphia Flyers – 730p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers and New York Islanders would pick up where they left off as they would start off with a couple of fights in the opening seconds of the game, but then as the first period would progress Noah Dobson would score to give the Isles the 1-0 lead, but Travis Sanheim would score to tie the game at one and then Kevin Hayes would score for the Flyers to take the lead. Then after a scoreless second period Hayes would net his second of the game with 34 seconds left in regulation to give the Flyers the 3-1 victory over the Islanders.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- It would be a Reverse Retro battle as the Anaheim Ducks would visit the Nashville Predators, and after a scoreless first period Colton Sissons would score to give the Preds the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Troy Terry would score to tie the game at one for the Ducks. In overtime Roman Josi would score to give the Predators the 2-1 victory over the Ducks.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would play host to the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period Blake Wheeler would score on the powerplay to give the Jets the 1-0 lead. In the second period Josh Morrissey and Wheeler’s second of the game would give the Jets the 3-0 lead. Then in the third period Mark Scheifele would score and Wheeler would complete the hat trick to give the Jets the 5-0 victory over the Avalanche.
- Florida Panthers v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary Matthew Tkachuk would return with the Florida Panthers to take on the Flames, and in the first period Dillon Dube, Jonathan Huberdeau, and Rasmus Andersson would score to give the Flames the 3-0 lead. In the second period Nick Cousins and Sam Reinhart would score for the Panthers, but a tally from Brett Ritchie would keep the Flames ahead by two. Then in the third period Tyler Toffoli and Andrew Mangiapane would score to give the Flames the 6-2 victory over the Panthers.
- Washington Capitals v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver to start the western Canada portion of their road trip, the Washington Capitals would take on the Canucks, and in the first period Alex Ovechkin would score his 12th of the season and 792nd of his career to give the Caps the 1-0 lead. However, Ovechkin wouldn’t stop there as he would strike again to surpass Wayne Gretzky for most goals on the road (403) to give the Caps the 2-0 lead, but Nils Hoglander would score to get the Canucks on the board and back within one, but that that wouldn’t last as Anthony Mantha would strike to get eh Caps back ahead by two. In the second period John Carlson would score to grow the Caps lead to three. Then in the third period Martin Fehervary would net his first of the season to give the Capitals the 5-1 victory over the Canucks.
- Seattle Kraken v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- In Hollywood the Seattle Kraken would come to town to take on the Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period both teams would trade goals as Anze Kopitar, Viktor Arvidsson, and Gabriel Vilardi would score for the Kings while Matty Beniers, Jared McCann, and Alex Wennberg would score for the Kraken for the 3-3 tie. Then in the second period Carl Grundstrom, Adrian Kempe, and Vilardi would score for the Kings, but Beniers and McCann would both net their second of the game, and Daniel Sprong, Oliver Bjorkstrand, and Andre Burakovsky would score to give the Kraken the 8-6 lead. Then in the third period Sean Durzi and Mikey Anderson would score to tie the game at eight for the Kings, but in overtime Burakovsky would net his second of the game to give the Kraken the 9-8 victory over the Kings.
- BUF v. DET – 7p ET
- NYR v. OTT – 7p ET
- SJ v. TOR – 7p ET
- EDM v. CHI – 930p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- The NHL goal math now adds up in Alex Ovechkin’s record pursuit (The Province)
- Insider Trading: Hintz extension may impact Horvat, Larkin negotiations (TSN)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.