NHL News and Notes from Monday, November 28th, 2022
- The NHL announced that Dallas Stars forward Jason Robertson has been named First Star of the Week.
- Josh Morrissey (WIN) and Ilya Sorokin (NYI) would round out the rest of the Three Stars.
- NHL Stars of the Week – Robertson Scores His Way to Top Honors
- The Colorado Avalanche announced that they have signed forward Alex Galchenyuk for the remainder of the 2022-23 season.
- New Jersey Devils v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- In New York City, the Devils visit to take on the Rangers. In the first, Artemi Panarin scores his sixth of the year to give the Rangers the early 1-0 lead and then Mika Zibanejad finds the net for his 11th goal this season to give the Blueshirts the 2-0 advantage. New Jersey gets on the board when Tomas Tatar finds the net with his seventh of the year and then the Devs tie the contest up when Yegor Sharangovich scores his seventh goal of the season. In the second, the Devils take the lead when Jack Hughes goes on to net his 12th goal of the season and then New Jersey takes the two goal lead when Michael McLeod strikes when he scores his third of the year. In the third, the Rangers come within a goal when Vincent Trocheck scores on the power play for his eighth goal of the year but then an empty net goal by Yegor Sharangovich, his second of the night, gives the Devils the 5-3 win over the Rangers.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Western New York, the Lighting make the trip to Buffalo to take on the Sabres. In the first, Brayden Point scores a power play goal, good for his ninth goal of the season, to give the Lightning the 1-0 lead and then Corey Perry gives Tampa Bay the 2-0 lead with his third goal of the season. Buffalo gets on the board when Tage Thompson scores his 14th goal of the season and then the Sabres tie the contest up when Jack Quinn scores his fourth on the year. In the second, Tyson Jost goes on to net his first of the year to give the Sabres the 3-2 lead but then Tampa Bay ties it up with a Brayden Point power play goal, his second goal of the game. In the third, the Sabres get a pair of goals when Dylan Cozens scores his sixth of the year and then Jeff Skinner scores his 10th of year to give Buffalo the 5-3 lead. Then, Tampa Bay gets a pair of goals when Steven Stamkos scores his 11th of the year and Brandon Hagel gets his seventh on the year on the Bolts power play to make this an even game at 5-5. In overtime, Steven Stamkos scores the game winner to give the Lightning the 6-5 win over the Sabres.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Detroit Red Wings – 7p ET
- In an Original Six in the Motor City, arch-rivals Toronto and Detroit continue their rivalry. In the first period, Moritz Seider finds the net for his second of the year to give Detroit the 1-0 lead but then an Auston Matthews goal, his 11th of the year, makes this a 1-1 game. William Nylander then scores a power play goal, his 13th goal on the season, to give the Leafs the advantage. Early in the second, the Maple Leafs take the two goal lead when Mitch Marner finds the net and scores his seventh goal on the year and then a Rasmus Sandin goal, his first on the season, gives Toronto the three goal lead over Detroit. In the third, Adam Erne scores his third of the year but that is not enough of a comeback as the Maple Leafs get the 4-2 win over the Red Wings.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus, the Golden Knights make the lone trip to take on the Blue Jackets. In the first, Vegas takes the 1-0 lead when William Karlsson scores his sixth of the year and then William Carrier nets his eighth of the year to give the Golden Knights the 2-0 lead. In the second, Johnny Gaudreau scores his eighth goal on the season to bring the Blue Jackets within one. In the third, Boone Jenner scores his ninth of the year to tie this contest for the Jackets. In the 14th round of the shootout, Paul Cotter scores the game-winner for the Golden Knights as they down the Blue Jackets for the 3-2 win.
- Dallas Stars v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis, the Stars and Blues faceoff in a divisional match-up. After a scoreless first, Wyatt Johnston scores his sixth of the year to give Dallas the 1-0 lead. In the third, Ty Dellamdrea nets his fourth of the year to give Dallas the 2-0 lead but then a Brandon Saad goal, his fifth of the year, brings St. Louis within a goal. A Jason Robertson goal, his 19th, gives Dallas the two goal lead once more and then Miro Heiskanen scores the empty net goal as the Stars breeze by the Blue Jackets for the 4-1 win.
- Florida Panthers v. Edmonton Oilers – 930p ET
- In Edmonton, the Panthers take on the Oilers. In the first, Florida takes the 1-0 lead when Matthew Tkachuk goes on to score his 10th of the year. In the second, Edmonton ties it up with a power play goal from Connor McDavid, his 17th goal on the year. In the third, Tyson Barrie’s fourth goal of the year gives the Oilers the lead but then Anton Lundell’s fourth of the year ties the game for Florida 2-2. A Brandon Montour power play goal, his fifth on the season, gives the Panthers the one goal lead once more but then Evan Bouchard scores with five seconds left to tie the game for Edmonton. In overtime, Leon Draisaitl scores his 13th of the year as the Oilers down the Panthers 4-3.
- CAR v. PIT – 7p ET
- SJ v. MON – 7p ET
- TB v. BOS – 7p ET
- NYI v. PHI – 730p ET
- ANA v. NAS – 8p ET
- COL v. WIN – 8p ET
- FLA v. CAL – 9p ET
- WAS v. VAN – 10p ET
- SEA v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Mask On, Mask Off (SportsNet)
- Former Canucks employee says she was discriminated against; team denies allegations (SportsNet)
- Zonnon turning heads as 16-year-old forward in QMJHL (NHL.com)
- As groups try to recruit Ryan Reynolds, sale of Senators may be about to heat up (Ottawa Sun)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.