NHL News and Notes from Friday, November 11th, 2022
- Columbus Blue Jackets D Zach Werenski will miss the rest of the season due to a torn labrum.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In The Six, the Penguins drop in for a match-up against the Maple Leafs. In the first, Toronto takes the 1-0 lead when Zach Aston-Reese scores his second of the season but then Pittsburgh ties it up when Evgeni Malkin strikes with his sixth of the season. In the second, Jason Zucker scores his fourth of the season to give the Pens the 2-1 lead but then William Nylander’s sixth of the year on the power play makes this a 2-2 game. In the third, Pittsburgh gets a pair of goals from Brock McGinn and Jake Guentzel to lift the Penguins to the 4-2 win over the Maple Leafs.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In the Nation’s Capital, the Capitals look to stop the Lightning from striking. In the first, Anthony Mantha finds the net with his fifth of the year to give Washington the 1-0 lead. In the second, Sonny Milano scores his first as a Washington Capital and then Aliaksei Protas nets his third of the year to give the Capitals the 3-0 lead. In the third, Conor Sheary scores his fifth of the year to give Washington the 4-0 lead but then Tampa Bay gets on the board when Nick Perbix scores his second of the year. Sonny Milano’s second of the night gives the Capitals the 5-1 win over the Lightning.
- San Jose Sharks v. Dallas Stars – 830p ET
- In the Lone Star State, the Sharks and Stars face off. In the first, Dallas takes the 1-0 lead with Jamie Benn’s fifth of the year but then the Sharks get a pair of goals when Alexander Barbanov scores his first and Evgeny Svechnikov nets his third to give the Sharks the 2-1 lead. The Stars then tie it up after Jamie Benn scores his second of the game. In the second, the Sharks score twice when Timo Meier scores his seventh and Logan Couture scores his sixth to give the San Jose the 4-2 lead. In the third, Tomas Hertl strikes with his fourth but then Roope Hintz scores his sixth of the year to bring the Stars within two. Joe Pavelski’s seventh of the year brings Dallas within a goal but it is not enough as the Sharks down the Stars 5-4.
- Minnesota Wild v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In the Emerald City, the Wild and Kraken do battle. Mats Zuccarello scores the lone goal of the contest in the first period, his sixth of the year, as the Wild shutout the Kraken 1-0.
- OTT v. PHI – 1p ET
- EDM v. FLA – 4p ET
- ARI v. NJ – 7p ET
- BOS v. BUF – 7p ET
- PIT v. MON – 7p ET
- VAN v. TOR – 7p ET
- CLB v. NYI – 730p ET
- NYR v. NAS v. 8p ET
- CAR v. COL – 9p ET
- CHI v. ANA – 10p ET
- STL v. VGK – 10p ET
- WIN v. CAL – 10p ET
- DET v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts: The Podcast – Re-sign Lindy – (Sportsnet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.