NHL News and Notes from Sunday, November 6th, 2022
- The NHL Department of Player Safety announced that they have suspended Florida Panthers forward Matthew Tkachuk.
- Tkachuk has been suspended for two games for high sticking Los Angeles Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick on Saturday night.
- Tkachuk will forfeit $102, 702.70 per the terms of the CBA and based on his average annual salary.
- DoPS would also announce that they have suspended Montreal Canadiens forward Josh Anderson.
- Anderson has been suspended for two games for boarding Vegas Golden Knights defenseman Alex Pietrangelo on Saturday night.
- Anderson will forfeit $59,459.46 based on his average annual salary per the CBA.
- The Boston Bruins announced that they have rescinded their contract with Mitchell Miller and have parted ways with the player.
- The Bruins had signed the problematic Miller on Friday, Nov. 4th to the disapproval of the players and fans.
- Detroit Red Wings v. New York Rangers – 5p ET
- At Madison Square Garden we would be treated to an Original Six battle as the New York Rangers would host the Detroit Red Wings, and in the first period Kaapo Kakko and Mika Zibanejad would score to give the Rangers the 2-0 lead. In the second period though the Wings would storm back as Matt Luff and Pius Suter would score to tie the game at two. Then after a scoreless third period it would be Dominik Kubalik with the overtime tally to give the Red Wings the 3-2 comeback victory over the Rangers.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Carolina Hurricanes** – 5p ET
- In Carolina clad in their Reverse Retro 2.0 jerseys, the Hurricanes would play host to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and in the first period Stefan Noesen would score for the Canes to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Calle Jarnkrok would strike late in the period for the Leafs to tie the game at one. Then in the third period John Tavares and William Nylander would score to give the Maple Leafs the 3-1 victory over the Hurricanes.
- **The Carolina Hurricanes would wear their Reverse Retro 2.0 jerseys.
- Florida Panthers v. Anaheim Ducks – 9p ET
- In Anaheim in a battle of the 1993 expansion teams the Ducks would rock their Reverse Retro jerseys against the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Carter Verhaeghe would strike on the powerplay to give the Panthers the 1-0 lead. In the second period the Panthers would grow their lead with a Brandon Montour tally, but the Ducks would respond as Adam Henrique and Ryan Strome would both score in a span of 27 seconds to tie the game at two. Then in the third period Sam Reinhart and Sam Bennett would score to give the Panthers the 4-2 lead, but Isac Lundestrom would score on a penalty shot for the Ducks to keep them alive. However, Reinhart would get his second of the game to give the Panthers the 5-3 victory over the Ducks.
- CAL v. NYI – 7p ET
- STL v. BOS – 7p ET
- EDM v. WAS – 8p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Bruins’ Mitchell Miller signing ‘stunned’ bullying victim’s family — mother says son ‘not doing well’ after the news (The Athletic – $)
- Q&A with Michel Goulet: Cup Parades, Canada Cups, and More (The Hockey News)
- Bruins part ways with controversial defenseman Mitchell Miller (The Athletic – $)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.