NHL News and Notes from Saturday, October 8th, 2022
- The Calgary Flames announced that they have signed head coach Darryl Sutter to a multi-year contract extension.
- The Buffalo Sabres announced that Kyle Okposo has been named the 20th captain in team history.
- Zemgus Girgensons and Rasmus Dahlin were both named assistant captains.
- Nashville Predators v. San Jose Sharks – 2p ET – Global Series in Prague, Czech Republic
- For the second game of the Global Series in Prague the San Jose Sharks would become the host team as they would look to bounce back against the Nashville Predators, and in the first period while on the powerplay Luke Kunin would score against his former team to give to give the Sharks the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period things would heat up as Nino Niederreiter would score to tie the game at one for the Preds, but ten seconds later Logan Couture would strike to retake the lead for the Sharks. However, the lead wouldn’t last long as Filip Forsberg would net his first of the season to tie the game at two, and in the second half of the period Niederreiter would net his second of the game to give the Predators the 3-2 victory over the Sharks to start the season 2-0-0.
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Predators feeling good after Global Series sweep, memorable European trip (NHL.com)
- Sharks go home confident despite getting swept in 2022 NHL Global Series (NHL.com)
- Why LTIR use is on the rise, and how it’s about to impact your team (PuckPedia)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey and Dr. Squatch ads/links in this article.