NHL News and Notes from Friday, June 3rd, 2022
- Montreal Canadiens G Carey Price was named the recipient of the Bill Masterton Award as the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey. Price is the sixth Canadian to win this award and the first since Max Pacioretty won the award during the 2011-12 season and the first goaltender since Robin Lehner won in the 2018-19 season as a member of the New York Islanders.
- The Boston Bruins announced that Matt Grzelcyk underwent shoulder surgery and is expected to miss up about five months, Charlie McAvoy underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder and is expected to miss six months, and Mike Reilly had surgery on his right ankle to repair a tendon and removal of bone fragments, and is expected to miss three months.
- Late yesterday, the city of Tempe, Arizona moved forward with the plans of a new arena and entertainment complex for the Arizona Coyotes.
- Edmonton Oilers F Zack Kassian has been fined $2,500 for unsportsmanlike conduct for his actions in Game 2 of the Western Conference Final
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. New York Rangers – 8p ET – Game 2
- In New York, the Rangers look to take the 2-0 series lead while the Lightning look to tie the series up. In the first period, Tampa Bay takes the 1-0 lead when Nikita Kucherov scores his fifth of the postseason but then New York gets a pair of goals when K’Andre Miller and Kaapo Kakko each score their second goals of the postseason. In the third, Mika Zibanejad strikes for his ninth of the postseason to give the Blueshirts the 3-1 lead. Tampa Bay then comes within a goal when Nicolas Paul scores his third of the postseason but the Bolts comeback falls short as the Rangers escape with the 3-2 win over the Lightning.
- Dickson’s TXHT Game Recap – Rangers Hold On, Take 2-0 Lead
- COL v. EDM – 8p ET – Game 3
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.