NHL News and Notes from Thursday, June 2nd, 2022
- Darryl Sutter was named the winner of the Jack Adams Award for head coach of the year. Sutter guided the Calgary Flames to a 50-21-11 record this season in his first full season as coach after being hired last March.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Colorado Avalanche – 8p ET – Game 2
- In the Mile High City the Edmonton Oilers look to tie the series 1-1, while the Colorado Avalanche look to take the 2-0 series lead. After a scoreless first period, the Avs gets a trio of goals when Artturi Lehkonen scores his fifth, Josh Manson scores his second, and Mikko Rantanen scores his third to give Colorado the 3-0 lead. In the third, Colorado shuts the door on the contest when Nathan MacKinnon scores his 10th goal of the postseason while on the power play as the Avalanche shutout the Oilers with the 4-0 and take the 2-0 series lead.
- Scott’s TXHT Game Recap – Avalanche Pile on Oilers in Shutout Victory
- TB v. NYR – 8p ET – Game 2
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.