NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, May 24th, 2022
- The NHL Department of Player Safety fined St. Louis Blues forward David Perron.
- Perron was fined $5,000 for cross checking Colorado Avalanche forward Nazem Kadri during Game 4 on Monday night.
- The fine is the maximum allowed per the CBA.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. New York Rangers – 7p ET – Game 4
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers look to even their series with the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Frank Vatrano and Adam Fox would score for the Rangers to take the 2-0 lead. In the second period Mika Zibanejad would strike to grow the Rangers lead to three. Then in the third period Teuvo Teravainen would score for the Canes, but Andrew Copp would score to give the Rangers the 4-1 victory over the Hurricanes and tie the series at two games a piece.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Rangers Even Series at Home
- Calgary Flames v. Edmonton Oilers – 930p ET – Game 4
- In Edmonton the Oilers would play host to the Calgary Flames for Game 4 of the Battle of Alberta, and in the first period Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Zach Hyman, and Evander Kane would score to give the Oilers the 3-0 lead. In the second period Elias Lindholm would strike on the powerplay and Mikael Backlund would score to get the Flames on the board and cut their deficit to one. Then in the third period Rasmus Andersson would score shorthanded to tie the game at three for the Flames, but Nugent-Hopkins and Kane would both net their second goals of the game to give the Oilers the 5-3 victory and 3-1 series lead over the Flames.
- STL v. COL – 8p ET – Game 5
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: It’s A Gusher! (SportsNet)
- Craig Berube and the St. Louis Blues can’t even bring themselves to say racists are bad (Deadspin)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.